Small block 727

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I've come across a truck small block 727 trans that was rebuilt and placed in storage back in the 90's. It's a short tail shaft trans but that can be changed out to fit the Admiral.
I'm trying to find the exact original application but can't fine a reference to the numbers on the pan rail. PK4058318 6433 2847.
Does anyone here have a listing for trans numbers.....?

I found the answer to my own question. It's a 1979 truck trans with short tail housing and w/o lockup. Perfect for the Admiral.

Are you dissatisfied with the Carlisle transmission? IDK much of use with those transmissions, but I think there were different first gear ratios... IDK about second... A little deeper might be nice for your use.

Please educate me as much as you can tolerate... I don't mean to get too nosey, just interested.

I would build a 999 trans for the Admiral has a low first gear and a hydraulic lock up that can probably be put on manual control.

Are you dissatisfied with the Carlisle transmission? QUOTE]

Not at all Jeff, it's working great. I'm not sure I like the lock up converter much. But it's still a 904 and uses the small high gear clutch pack. I feel it's just a matter of time before it goes south under the load of towing the camper.

The 999 trans uses a lower 1st gear, which really won't benefit me much. Otherwise it's the same gearing as all 727's. The trans I've located is a non lockup converter type used in the 1 ton trucks. Should suit me fine.

Back