Snow Pictures

NitrousTuner1

Reaction score
Let's see some snow pic's...
As many of us have gotten slammed in the last week.
Here's my 65 Sport Fury

20230125_151528(0).jpg

Normally, we average a touch over 10' per season and by now, we would have gotten about 6'. Traditionally, Syracuse has had the most snowfall of any large city in the US, but that isn't gong to happen this year as Winter has passed us by (so far). We've only gotten a little over 2' this season.

So, my lawn is green in spots with today's 40 degree weather and my cars are tucked away in my garage, so I decided I'd go back to the blizzard of 1966 for a couple pics.

This pic was taken not too far from where I grew up. I think we actually had a couple days off from school....

EDIT: Just realized that this storm was 56 years ago this week.

74ee7a7054259f14b3395c50884303cd.jpg

eb435711d81d770a9bc2153250641--snow-plow-be-honest.jpg

Here's a video from 2017 of a Syracuse snow plow driver. He whines a lot about parked cars and I saw the unedited version where he was running stop signs and really moving. They cleaned this one up.

BTW, Syracuse had the record for the largest single blade snowplow. 32' across and is used for plowing the airport. I don't know if that record still holds or not.

Last edited:
This picture is of yours truly taken this morning. We received about 7” the other day and I cleared the driveway (0.2 miles) and yard, so the propane truck can come fill the tank attached to the shop, where most of my vehicles are parked.

The day was good for clearing as the high was 5 degrees F AND NO WIND!

I used Lucifer, a ‘73 International model 666 gasoline powered tractor, that is kept in the shop as well.

7DD197C3-159D-49B8-A2D5-F3785D4376FE.jpeg

THANKS ALL for sharing these - snow has always been an "occasional treat" here in the DC area, and we haven't had the first flake all winter............

Normally, we average a touch over 10' per season and by now, we would have gotten about 6'. Traditionally, Syracuse has had the most snowfall of any large city in the US, but that isn't gong to happen this year as Winter has passed us by (so far). We've only gotten a little over 2' this season.

So, my lawn is green in spots with today's 40 degree weather and my cars are tucked away in my garage, so I decided I'd go back to the blizzard of 1966 for a couple pics.

This pic was taken not too far from where I grew up. I think we actually had a couple days off from school....

EDIT: Just realized that this storm was 56 years ago this week.

Here's a video from 2017 of a Syracuse snow plow driver. He whines a lot about parked cars and I saw the unedited version where he was running stop signs and really moving. They cleaned this one up.

BTW, Syracuse had the record for the largest single blade snowplow. 32' across and is used for plowing the airport. I don't know if that record still holds or not.

That fella in the video wasn't even wearing a seat belt... :(
Is this Critter's old car???

I took this the other day. We'd got a few inches of snow and it was kind of cold.

The plow has wing plows down on both sides with a nose plow. Both wings aren't out fully though. 3 lanes of snow plowing when fully extended.

RpupDmO.jpg

The road joins the main road here (Rt 5 for any interested) and the left wing is being raised.

3FOHWDl.jpg

Back