SNOW !

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
ADB49401-BE82-4484-AF0A-336FB914C0C4.jpeg
1D47EF35-A147-453D-8549-36AB5B248A31.jpeg
1-3 inches for my area they predicted. Well I woke at 5.20 to this. And it’s supposed to snow all day into tomorrow. I’m in the blue just north east of Raleigh a bit. Possibility of it turning to rain Monday afternoon & into Tuesday with temps in the mid 30’s Tuesday. So if that comes true it will wash it away.

View attachment 235970 View attachment 235971 1-3 inches for my area they predicted. Well I woke at 5.20 to this. And it’s supposed to snow all day into tomorrow. I’m in the blue just north east of Raleigh a bit. Possibility of it turning to rain Monday afternoon & into Tuesday with temps in the mid 30’s Tuesday. So if that comes true it will wash it away.
Ewww... I can assure you, I will never again try to navigate NC in the snow....I made that mistake once in 97 traveling for Xmas, and spent something like 20 hours in NC while they tried to figure out how to deal with the stuff.

All we have here is a sugar coat. But we had over a foot a couple weeks ago.

I wish I could say that's all we'll get, but I know better.

6D25FD79-0629-466E-8E63-1B96130760CB.jpeg
6 inches & counting
Updated pic at 7.20.
They NOW are predicting 20 inches. A far cry from the original 1-3 inches

We have about 5-6" on the ground right now. Just saw on the news that Boone already has 9+". They just predicted that we are going to get 11+ and a 1/4" of ice on top.

Last edited:
I just went out & shoveled a patch off the deck & a path from the steps to the carport. Mainly for the cat because sooner or later she will want to get some fresh air & check things out. It’s still comming down good. It’s pure %100 snow so far. Suppose to change to mix then rain later today.

We have now passed what I call "poop-strike" deep. My smallest house monster will refuse to go or be outside when the snow touches her chest. I'm guessing were around 8" now. I had to carry her down to my shed to find some ground for her to do her business.
IMG_3667.JPG

Well it snowed here too 90 mins from Bobs place toward the east of him. It isn't anything like him, in fact it already has turned to rain and has started melting in the wet.
P.S. The mess on the deck is me attempting home improvement in winter. Why is there never enough time in winter??

DSCF4232.jpg
DSCF4233.jpg
DSCF4234.jpg

View attachment 235970 View attachment 235971 1-3 inches for my area they predicted. Well I woke at 5.20 to this. And it’s supposed to snow all day into tomorrow. I’m in the blue just north east of Raleigh a bit. Possibility of it turning to rain Monday afternoon & into Tuesday with temps in the mid 30’s Tuesday. So if that comes true it will wash it away.
I wish I could say you can keep it all Bob, but I was too late, arrrrrgh.

That's crazy, usually when I see you guys get hammered, us people in the Midwest see it too...but nothing here today. Take it slow and don't overexert yourselves clearing and shoveling it.

809A4167-16F5-4D68-9729-0DEBC8E8692B.jpeg
Well it sleeting & raining now & several of my pines are looking bad. Pines are limber but this might last well into the night. I hope we don’t loose power.

In MA we aren't getting anything this time but I do feel your pain. Be safe and watch for black ice. It is pretty cold though for here, in the teens at night.

Back