So I bought this one today.

I don’t think I’ve had a drum off on this car and at least the passenger side doesn’t look all that bad! :)
E87DD340-2849-4189-9D4D-B1E74CE26D2F.jpeg

I wish I could say the same for the outer wheelhouse….:BangHead:
I noticed it out of the corner of my eye while fixing the stuff to the rear but today was the first close look. That will have to come out! thankfully I have rust free metal for it. I will probably hold off on that repair for now.
32F936DD-DC4F-48BF-AA40-F8C4E58532DD.jpeg
423F527A-2D54-4FEE-B1BF-7112ED751757.jpeg
496797CD-0310-401E-AA7B-0CBCA1CB27B3.jpeg
3A657398-8713-4552-9B64-A07EB763DDDC.jpeg

Wow, I'm so glad my car is rust free now. Gives me shivers thinking back to all the holes in my Imp.
But you're making great progress! Looks really nice! :)

It runs now btw.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
If you don't know by now that I'm a stickler about rubber fuel lines. Please fix that to a hard line from the pump to carb, you're just asking for fire with that! Sounds good though!
That line confused me as I thought it was a heater hose and hard trouble till I saw the ends taped.

If you don't know by now that I'm a stickler about rubber fuel lines. Please fix that to a hard line from the pump to carb, you're just asking for fire with that! Sounds good though!
That line confused me as I thought it was a heater hose and hard trouble till I saw the ends taped.
You'd love my Polara, lotsa rubber fuel line, and a plastic filter. But it's routed away from heat and sharp edges, and gets replaced often.

I'm sure Matt will take care of it on the Mobile Director.

I visited Matt in June.
His priority was to get the Director "mobile" since it and a couple other Imps take up all his space,Lol!
I had seen his attention to details first hand and I can ensure you it will be done right when she is ready for the road.

Hope you are able to get it on the road in the next couple months. Would be great to see pics of it out and about in autumn foliage backdrop (before Michigan winter sets in?).

Question? I see that you have this spot tacked on the inside. Do you later then finish the complete weld with tacks? Do you complete spot welds on both sides? Or just one side?
Im just asking because I have to do same on a 61.
I have zero body experience,but lots of welding experience.

The styling bears a strong resemblance to the earlier Chrysler turbine car. I know I’m not the first person to make that observation. I’m really bummed they closed down the Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills. I tried to go there once but they had started with limited hours. It was closed shortly thereafter. I’ve seen a turbine car at the Henry Ford Museum however.

Yes that rubber line is temporary although it is the high pressure stuff! :lol:

Back