Social Security Number Suspended Calls

We get these calls EVERY day. Approximately 10 on dayshift for a County of 90,000 people. What I tell people is if we are getting 10 calls they are 90 that are getting them and not calling in. Now multiply that times 71 other counties and then times 49 other states and you can see how big of a problem it is. Then look at the BBB website. It describes the scams by detail. Last I looked there was 1500 different scams going on in our country. Te Feds won't get involved unless a loss of $250,000 or more. Don't think you are smarter than all of them. They are good and that's why it continues. I tell them "no matter what age you are, discuss financial decisions with a trusted family member or a friend". I even had a attorney be taken advantage of. This is just part of my day as a E911 Dispatcher.

I'm surely going straight to hell for the things I say to these people (scammers) on a daily basis.....

I get so many robo-calls, I don't answer my phone if I don't recognize the number. 95% of them don't leave a message, so the time saved is mine. FYI, those IRS calls, forget them, the IRS NEVER calls, they only make contact by a letter in the mail.

I let my 10 year old answer the land line phone. Only two family members know the number one being my wife who is already home. So he rushes to pick it up and go Round Table Pizza can I take your order or something along that line. They hang up on him...

This area we get calls telling us our I-Cloud account has been compromised and that we need to pay a fee to transfer the data. We do not even have an I-Phone, caller even displays Apple Customer service. Get 40 or so of these trash calls a week.

Dave

If I don't recognize the caller I don't answer it. If there is no message....I block the number never to hear from them again.

When a scammer calls my land line and asks for someone I just say yes that person is here let me get them, hang on. I set the phone down and call for the person and then continue to do what I was doing. Maybe an hour later I hang up the phone.

If I don't recognize the caller I don't answer it. If there is no message....I block the number never to hear from them again.

They "spoof" the number, meaning they can put a different number every time. I have got a call from my own number at home, plus legitimate existing business' and public buildings. Some time if you have a number on caller ID, google it and put the word "scam" behind it and see if anyone has commented already of who is making the calls.

They "spoof" the number, meaning they can put a different number every time. I have got a call from my own number at home, plus legitimate existing business' and public buildings. Some time if you have a number on caller ID, google it and put the word "scam" behind it and see if anyone has commented already of who is making the calls.
I have the same problem in my area. Lots of numbers with a local prefix. I can't block them as it tells me I can't delete an already blacklisted number. I'll probably be sharing quarters with Lefty71 as I routinely remind them that their family tree is a pencil.

Today, if you share any personal information in an email or phone call, you're probably just paying for an education that was overdue. I hope it doesn't hurt too bad.

My biggest gripe is that my cell phone has become almost useless as a call receiving device. I get so many spoof and robo calls I usually just leave the ringer off and miss everyone's calls. Text me and I will return your call whenever I remember I have a phone... if its a decent hour (doesn't happen regularly).

My "parts wanted" sign at Carlisle last year had the unfortunate result of no parts, but some persistant guy calling for a year about a $12K Formal... I didn't really absorb anything other than the price. PARTS wanted :realcrazy:

I don’t answer strange numbers anymore either. I did have one guy finally had had enough of my cell phone number calling him that he actually called me and left me a message demanding I stop calling him...:BangHead:

I get a lot of calls about my car warranty. I tell them my car is a 68 model. That usually stops them.
I love that one, or my student loans that I never had. "This is the IRS, and you owe money." Yeah, right. My girlfriend had one of those call her. After I told her the IRS never calls you, I called the number and got some guy, "Hello, IRS." "You mean a federal agency answers like that?" and he hung up. Really? Have nothing better to do than spam as many people as you can? I was a telemarketer, and I will never be anywhere near these POS's when I die, they will be in the lowest depths of hell, where they deserve to be.

I like the"local cops are looking for me". First I have no local cops, second I tell them "please do not to tell them where I'm at, thanks", click

Isn’t it wonderful that they’ve also figured out how they can call you and get it to go right into your voicemail so that you never heard it ring but do show a missed call. The message is always the same, it’s about that piece of mail they sent me that I requested about a business loan. :BangHead:

Isn’t it wonderful that they’ve also figured out how they can call you and get it to go right into your voicemail so that you never heard it ring but do show a missed call. The message is always the same, it’s about that piece of mail they sent me that I requested about a business loan. :BangHead:

i was interneting on my phone and saw my caller id pop up and a half a ring, right to voice mail

From the golden days of telemarketing. Longmont Potion Castle:

Back