SOLD; 1966 Chrysler 300

Also - the seat tracks have slots in them to allow for the seats to be tilted a bit. Perhaps the driver's seat is set too upright? See the pic below for the adjustment slot for seat tilt.

20201012_183019.jpg

What record would that be?
My post was up for a whole twenty minutes before this guy took it over. It would have been way better if he would have started his own post on this 300 he is going to flip? Maybe I would have liked to say more, it was a hard time letting her go after 15 years of Blood, Sweat, and Tears. I do wish Rip all the luck in the world with her.

I had a for sale thread that was hi jacked by someone almost immediately trying to sell their own stuff. I’m not sure why that would be a thing, since it is very easy to start your own thread. New member ignorance or just plain rude. @traintech55, I would still like to here more about this ones history, maybe we can out shout this punk, lol.

I agree a new thread should be started on the 300 convertible. Hi jacking a thread is pretty normal here but using it as a personal message isn't cool.

I'm disturbed that someone would obtain such a nice, original and rare car as the 66 300 here, and immediately start thinking about changes and modifications to it. It needs to change hands, I think.

I had a for sale thread that was hi jacked by someone almost immediately trying to sell their own stuff. I’m not sure why that would be a thing, since it is very easy to start your own thread. New member ignorance or just plain rude. @traintech55, I would still like to here more about this ones history, maybe we can out shout this punk, lol.
I bought her in 2005, she came from Pennsylvania and was last licensed in 1999. She had been in an accident due to no brakes that was evident of the butchered body work, and home made brake lines on the front. When I got her the engine was completely seized, the radiator was a mess, the fuel tank damaged, the R.Rear shock was broken, the wiring was a mess, and more. I replaced the complete engine, trans, rear shocks, all fluid lines, recored radiator, converted it to front disc brakes, replaced the L.Front fender, repaired the drivers door hinge, and much more that I have posted on the site over the years. The main reason I got rid of her was my health going down the toilet this year. I would probably never have finished her, so I am glad she went to a new home.

Last edited:
I agree a new thread should be started on the 300 convertible. Hi jacking a thread is pretty normal here but using it as a personal message isn't cool.

I'm disturbed that someone would obtain such a nice, original and rare car as the 66 300 here, and immediately start thinking about changes and modifications to it. It needs to change hands, I think.
I appreciate the correction...how do I send a direct message? When I click on your profile, for instance, I don't see anything that indicates how to message you.

@NormanPlombe - respectfully - it's time you started your own thread on your car. I'm interested in what your plans are for it as are others, but we've unwittingly managed to hijack @traintech55 's post. Time to move on.

Edit - OK, I see you're aware of that. :)

Sending personal messages goes this way - click on the profile of the person you're wanting to message, click "start a private conversation" and take it from there.

And as far as "hijacking" goes....where was this thread intended to go? How long shall we stay on topic of a car that's sold and gone? The subject was a '66 300 and that's all I've been talking about.

And as far as "hijacking" goes....where was this thread intended to go? How long shall we stay on topic of a car that's sold and gone? The subject was a '66 300 and that's all I've been talking about.
The HIGHJACKING was you talking about your car, while I was trying to talk about mine. It is very easy to start your own thread, and not disrespect other members.

....and there's simply NOTHING novel or interesting about the stock vs. modified argument. I think that one's been beaten to death and I wouldn't presume to tell anyone what to do with his car. I see that all the time on these message boards. Some guy asks for assistance with something he wants to do and he gets a backlash of "why do you want to do that?" Is that helpful? I happen to think 100 point show cars are asinine. They are statues of cars. Sure I'm critical of people's custom decisions...but swapping to manual steering and brakes for simplicity and improving seating position for my body (6'1" 190lbs--I'm not an outlier) ain't like puttin' a Superbird wing on it...and Mopar did that stunt from the factory!

It IS new member ignorance. And I know what that word means so I take no offense. I'll go start my own thread. I guess...but I don't think I'll shut down anyone who wants to talk abut the same year and model car as I'm talking about. Sheesh! Thanks for your mentorship, tho!

It's not your thread to make such determinations. One never knows where an interesting subject will end.

At the top of the page you will see a link "start a new thread". Click on that, wait the required few seconds, title your new thread. Then it's yours to go where you please and end when you please.

I for one would really like to hear and see more about your 66 300.

Back