For Sale Solid state IVRs instrument voltage regulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparmat2000

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have made up a couple solid state IVRs, or instrument voltage regulators. These replace the vibrating electro mechanical ones on the circuit boards on the gage panel. Anybody who has experienced their stock gages have a "mind of their own" by either dropping off, pegging, or erratic needle operation your original IVR is ready or already has given up the ghost. These Voltage regulators can take up to 35v and convert it to 5v output, so asking it to convert 12.5v -13.5v to 5v output is no big deal.

These are premade, and only require you to figure out your 12v feed into the circuit board, your 5V output feed to the gages, and the 3rd pin on the IVR ground. You will need make a heatsink and ground the solid state IVR by its mounting tab/heatsink, and put a little heatsink white grease under the I.C. chip. A good spot to mount it is right to the diecast gage housing

Pics shown below have either spades or ring terminals. If your IVR is a small rectangular box, you will need the spade type. Ring terminal type is for gages that have the IVR located inside the fuel gage. That gage will need its stock IVR disabled but leaving the gage side intact prior to putting the new one on. Let me know that in your pm so i can put the terminals on you need.

Pinout is as follows
Red 12v in
Yellow 5v out
Black ground.

Parts located in West Texas. I accept paypal price is $25 shipped lower 48. Hi. , Ak. , Canada pay actual shipping

Thanks
Matt

20170828_151021.jpg

20170828_151025.jpg

I think that is supposed to have a heat sink. I made one myself after looking at several WWW threads and all things indicate that a heat sink is required. Maybe not??

Paragraph #2 says buyer needs to supply a heatsink.

Oops, my bad.
FWIW I purchased my heat sink, along with about 5 others of the same size, from a large online shopping outlet named after a river on south America :). They are VERY cheap but some paste also needs to be procured IMO.
Yes, what you are offering is a good deal. Again IMO
Best of luck. This is how voltage should be limited. NOT with old mechanical technology.
A second FWIW, I put longer leads on mine so I can access it very easily and it seems that you can accommodate this as well.

I thought these would sell quickly. But i guess not. When i sell out of em, i think i'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back