Some ultra fine Afro-American engineering..

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
NO words for the process. Though I will say I am surprised by the end result. Not my thang but I couldn't think of anything more deserving from a cheby.

I hope you don't expect me to waste 1 hr. & 15 minutes of my life on some chevy video, do you? Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Now this Afro engineering.

b7088509b06d8f64e5527d6887d2a62d.jpg

OK, I won't be the lemming here and follow everyone off the cliff.

The methods shown are pretty typical of how speaker enclosures and door panels are made. Build up the shape and then cover it with stretch cloth and resin. Probably a couple hundred videos showing the same method. It's a little crude looking, but really most fiberglass work is pretty messy and rough in the buildup. Ed Roth's methods of plaster and fiberglass come to mind here.

Honestly, I thought cutting down a newer door panel for an older car is pretty clever. The detail lines are a really nice touch. It's not to my taste, but that's beside the point.

I don't care who built it, the question is WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY!!?!?!!??!!
I sit and look at these cars and Think, If they only put a Fraction of the time it took to build these Retarded Machines and put that Determination and energy into something that would Help humanity.

that is some amazing work in that vide.

as someone who just made very basic, plain door panels recently, i appreciate the amount of work that took.

I used a similar concept to this for making an engine fan shroud. With an aluminum radiator and almost no room in an A body, plus factory repop shroud which may not work at $175 a pop i made my own.

downloadfile-141.jpg

downloadfile-88.jpg

downloadfile-78.jpg

downloadfile-143.jpg

downloadfile-135.jpg

downloadfile-65.jpg

downloadfile-197.jpg

downloadfile-91.jpg

downloadfile-68.jpg

downloadfile-184.jpg

More photos. The shroud was made with an old black pocket tee shirt stretched over the homemade mould, and wired and stapled on the back to hold its shape. I applied 4 layers of fiberglass resin to it to get the tee shirt stiff enough to hold its shape before removing it from the mould. Theres 3 layers of 7781 fiberglass and resin on the inside of the shroud after i popped it from the mould. The homemade steel mount flanges are held on with JBWeld and MS20426AD3-5 countersunk aluminum aircraft rivets. Necessity is the mother of invention. I took this very concept similar to the OP, and made my own part. Once painted a semigloss black it will be very hard for people to figure out its a homemade part.

downloadfile-108.jpg

downloadfile-258.jpg

downloadfile-138.jpg

downloadfile-166.jpg

Last edited:
NO words for the process. Though I will say I am surprised by the end result. Not my thang but I couldn't think of anything more deserving from a cheby.

Might be the only way to replace a door panel on a Formal....decent donor panels are not easy to come by anymore.

I sit and look at these cars and Think, If they only put a Fraction of the time it took to build these Retarded Machines and put that Determination and energy into something that would Help humanity.
Come and live with me. I need someone who is young and thinks that way around me to assure me not all the youth in this country are ****.

See, I'm so damned far past expecting anyone to think about humanity it never even occurs to me. All I can come up with is "WWWWHHHHHHYYYYYYY???"

Am I the only one that gets the sarcasm? Replace "retarded machines" with "rock and roll" and you'd have a rant from the 50's...

Geez... It sounds like a quote from the Billy Jack movie. It needs "I just go berserk" to finish it off.

Come and live with me. I need someone who is young and thinks that way around me to assure me not all the youth in this country are ****.
You need to hang with my two sons sometime.... Believe me, there are some shitheads out there, but there's more good than you think.

Yes sir. It is nearly impossible for me to find Smart people to talk with, That is why i come on FCBO. Hanging with my peers is just to much Ignorance to take sometimes.

And the puzzling part is that they are proud of it!

I had a guy with crap box chebbie with 22's park next to me at a car show and he had his crap rap blasting. I started my NYB and moved to another corner of the show. He walked over to me and asked why I moved and I told him I didn't want to listen to his noise. He asked me what I liked listening to and I said "SILENCE". He just shook his head and walked away.

Back