For Sale Someone from here bought it? 1970 new yorker coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
Sorry its a 69...
It was about 10 hours on CL ; Chicago area , it looks Q5 or Q4 to me.....
Windshield and r s door glass broken and radiator missing.
Very low milage car.........

upload_2017-8-12_18-4-36.png

upload_2017-8-12_18-5-23.png

Incredible!! ....bet that would clean up well ......what kind of s**t is it sitting in??

what ever it's sitting in it looks moist which could be very bad.

A pole building with a dirt floor , snow and water coming in on a regular basis. Probably a crusty bottom but clearly worth a look

The floors and trunkfloor were solid , 25 years stored , about 23000 miles when i remember correct.
Asked for pics of the trunkfloor , rails , fendertag , interior but it was sold a few hours later he told me.....

Im sure thats what he told you but even you needed proof. 25 years on a wet/moist soil? Im not believing it

There were only 3 pictures , look how white the washer bottle is......new!!.

upload_2017-8-12_20-16-44.png

Sitting in the dark and not exposed to engine temperatures it should have stayed in nice shape. You didnt save the ad text?

No sorry , only the pics , i looked up the tel number ; it was from a constructon company , they found it working on that barn i think and wanted quick money i guess , they asked 3500,- but i think someone with cash could take it for 2K......

No sorry , only the pics , i looked up the tel number ; it was from a constructon company , they found it working on that barn i think and wanted quick money i guess , they asked 3500,- but i think someone with cash could take it for 2K......

Absolutely, they probably got it for a song

Yes, i did. its Q4
I'm mostly a "B" body guy but i have been in the market for a correct original 2 door "C" body for awhile. it is a very low mile original time capsule. I was expecting the worse, but to my surprise, it was in excellent condition for being there so long. The vandals got a hold of the radiator and smashed in the windshield and door glass. Underneath has some scale in in spots but not bad at all, VERY solid and straight. The trunk mat, I don't think has ever been lifted and was in amazing shape with all the cardboard still there. The interior is also the same shape minus a dime size hole in the headliner. I was expecting some mice, I hate them bastards! The bumpers will need re-chrome as some of the smalls like grill bars etc...It's in good hands and sooo glad a "DERBY" guy did not get it or a quick flipper, I restore cars as a full-time hobby, so it will go slow and get the proper attention it needs. I'm a member over at "forbbodies"I joined up here to see if anyone can help with the items I do need as I get started on it. Obviously, need the glass and I'm sure ill find some things along the way!

You should find some if not all of the parts you require from this guy. Www.cbodies.com
I can't wait to see more pics and here more details about this car.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back