source for new fuel line

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Looks like i need a fuel line for my CHP project, the front to rear one.

Is thee a vendor that has prebent ones?

Or should i just get 9' of tubing and start bending?

Alan

i second inline tube. very close to exact with the exception of the slight bends for shipping.

Right Stuff Detailing could also make up lines, they did a custom set of transmission lines for my car.

Right Stuff Detailing could also make up lines, they did a custom set of transmission lines for my car.

Thanks that was the other one I was trying to remember, along with Fine Lines.

Any comments on Stainless? vs regular?

Thanks,

Alan

Stainless v Standard. For a classic car that is only driven occasionally and rarely, if ever in bad weather, you could use either with years of service. If you're not worried about originality of restoration and you don't mind the increased cost, stainless will certainly last longer.

www.classictube.com is another source but I have no experience with them so I can't vouch for them.

X3 on Inline.
I asked for a prebent, coiled line they did not have and they made up a perfect one.

I've been told the stainless steel lines are hard to get the inverted flares sealed correctly. I've never used them myself so I can't tell you if that is so or not.

I've been told the stainless steel lines are hard to get the inverted flares sealed correctly. I've never used them myself so I can't tell you if that is so or not.

That is what I have been hearing but the fuel line isn't flared.

It is also said that he problem is more with new lines in old components, likewise I don't have first hand information.

I havent got to my brake line but the front lines were ok wih clean fluid comming out when I took it apart (again this is a car that sat unused for 30 years).

Alan

X 4 on Inline Tube, Call them up and with your first order they will send you a catalogue for your car. Also they will work with you IF any problems come up. The fuel and brake lines for my 300 fit just like factory.

Weeks ago I ordered a full set of brake and fuel lines from Inline Tube and there were differences.
1. The front to rear fuel line needed a bend moved, might have been a difference in sedan vs hardtop.
2. The forward left to right line was setup far a different disc brake pop off valve.
3. The related brake distribution to pop off valve line was also different.
4. Both the lines on the differential were different and could not be used.
5. The front to rear brake line was fine although I felt a bend could have been different, again maybe sedan vs hardtop.

Overall the quality was good. I feel they made some assumptions on shared cars and need to look into the issues.

Alan

I'm still a fan of doing them yourself... try a few practice flares until you are satisfied... lots of cheap bending tools available... supplies are cheap... most of all I am cheap.

It is hard enough to install the two body lines without a lift, not sure I'd want to bend lines.

If I had a lift I probably would have.

Alan

Back