Spare tire

1969 polara

Reaction score
my 69 polara convertible came with no spare tire or accessories. I’ve purchased the proper jack that has been restored and the new trunk mat. I was wondering what spare tire rim was used. Black 15 x 7 I’m assuming. I’m not too concerned with the proper white wall as any one will work for me. I just would like the trunk area to look cleaned up for local car shows. Any help is appreciated.

What is the engine size your car came with? There were no 15x7 wheels available in 1969. It could be any of these 15x6, 15x5.5, 14x6.

15 x 5.5 is likely what the factory used, maybe 15 x 6 if the car had a heavy duty suspension.

I had an old period correct tire until I decided I wanted an actual functional spare tire. Just saying, something to think about.

I have the base 383. Thanks for the info. I think it’s the 15 x 5.5. The car is in storage so I will check ASAP. Thanks everyone.

In 69 the spare tire/wheel was the same as what was on the car, at a time when 5 wheel rotation was fairly normal.

Alan

This is your answer for local car shows. I have one myself.

SPARE TIRE COVER 26.5"-28.6" NEW black 26" 27" 28" T021508PB 767344574986 | eBay or something similar... I just grabbed the first one I saw.

s-l500.jpg

In 69 the spare tire/wheel was the same as what was on the car, at a time when 5 wheel rotation was fairly normal.

Alan
Thanks Alan. That’s exactly what I will do. I just have the car in remote storage for now until the weather breaks then I will proceed with the rim and tire.

Back