Speed the new Black

Brin Smith

Reaction score
Been awhile since I've been on here. My 62 880 2dr coupe is going slow. Nothing to report on it other than laying out the parts. Really wish I would have picked a different car to do this time. But the damn thing is soo sexy. Anyway next Wednesday the final episode of Speed is the new Black. They are doing a 62 300 2dr same as the 880 just different front clip. It will be interesting to see what they run into. I have spent count less hours going over parts I will need. Got NOS wing window rubber. Gary Goers had the rear glass and the windshield rubber. He made me a set of new 1/4 glass rubber where the door meets. Drip rail and door rubber. I recommend Forward Look car guys to contact him. He's got some stuff you won't find. SMS Auto Fabric will be doing the door panels headliner. Check them out nice stuff and reasonable. You get the picture. I hate to steer anyone away from Forward Look years. But do your homework before you buy. These cars are not for the faint of heart. I bought a solid 4 dr just for the metal trunk pan and floor pans. I got pretty lucky with mine floors real solid. definitely need the trunk pan. But still gonna have a couple of patches. The purest may not like what I'm doing to mine by pro touring it. But it is what it is. Before this thing gets tore into i will sale with spare car and parts I have. Just contact me will talk. Til next time. Look Forward

The car from the show is for sale, $89,900. I like the interior metalwork, it matches the sheen/texture of the upholstery, at least it does in those doctored photos.

https://www.classiccarstudio.com/inventory/1851-1962-chrysler-300/

62-Chrysler-300-1851-1.jpg

62-Chrysler-300-1851-3.jpg

62-Chrysler-300-1851-7.jpg

Last edited:
I was just trying to point out what I see as a positive on a modified custom car, most changes done on custom cars I usually question "why go through that much trouble to ruin it?". Like putting a full interior, dash and all, from a modern car that will just look dated in 10-15 years. When there is nothing wrong with the original interior.
Not painting it is one thing, but then asking $90K for it is another. For $90K, I want a show quality paint job! And if they already have that much money into it, then paint it and adjust the price accordingly.

Last edited:
I was just trying to point out what I see as a positive on a modified custom car, most changes done on custom cars I usually question "why go through that much trouble to ruin it?". Like putting a full interior, dash and all, from a modern car that will just look dated in 10-15 years. When there is nothing wrong with the original interior.
Not painting it is one thing, but then asking $90K for it is another. For $90K, I want a show quality paint job! And if they already have that much money into it, then paint it and adjust the price accordingly.

Wheels are another thing. Classic steelies for example. They can stand time, unlike the billet wheels seen in the 90s. Not to say about the donks...

I'm diggin' the look on the 300, myself. Not everyone has a suitcase full of hundreds to blow on a hot rod, resto-mod, or a restoration. True, "patina" has pretty much run its course; but when you factor in that ANY decent paint job these days STARTS at $10K (unless you are doing everything yourself!), many times the money is better spent on the "GO!" and "Whoa!" part first. All the shiny bits, perfect paint, and perfect interior come later. I'm going for a very similar look for both my '68 D100 and my '54 Hudson.

Back