Speedometer Gear

Mudeblue

Reaction score
I need a new Speedometer Gear for a 1965 SF, 383, 727. There is a multitude of different gearings which seems to be color coded which in my case is green. There are three different gearings for green which are 31, 34 and 39. However, I readily can’t physically get to mine do does anyone know what the gearing would be? Thanks.

I used the same chart Big John posted to figure out what gear I needed to swap to when I changed my rear end ratio and tire diameter and it worked out well getting my speedo back to where it needed to be. Swapping it was quite easy too, I replaced mine the same time I put in a deeper trans fluid pan with a drain plug built in.

Thanks, ordered! Owning a Mopar really gets expensive compared to the expensive cars where the parts are cheaper but then again, who wants what everybody else has!!!
I do not believe that those fit your 65. If my memory serves me correctly, 65 and older the gears are attached to the speedo cable assembly and the newer ones use a standalone gear. That is why they are listed for 66 up and Brewer's website.

I do not believe that those fit your 65. If my memory serves me correctly, 65 and older the gears are attached to the speedo cable assembly and the newer ones use a standalone gear. That is why they are listed for 66 up and Brewer's website.
That would be why I gave him the link to 62-65 gears and I think that is what he ordered.

Back