speedy greco ??

BeatersRus

Reaction score
March 27, 2013 - 8:47pm
Mike Kelly
Dave is right about Speedy being a character. I could write a book about some of his exploits.

He and his brother carried a vendetta against each other for years. I don't remember which was the instigator but one of them had a vintage convertible stored somewhere. The other located it and had the entire vehicle filled with cement. This was just one of the many exploits of the Greco brothers.

i grow up in Darien N.Y. just out side of buffalo, went to school in Alexander N.Y. in Darien was a Dodge,Plymoth dealer, the owner was a man called Speedy Greco. he had cars all over western N.Y., in barns, alot of classic cars, when he died no one knows were or how many cars he had in old farmers barns... i do know this for a fact......... the family never got all of them back.... in town he had three or four old barns full of cars, trucks model As, Ts , and one 1920 something Harley Davidson saw it my self...... he told my dad in the 70s that money was in old cars, that you had something to put your hand on , dont waste your time in stocks.
we all though he was an old nut job.. hahaha..

he was a horder of mopar anything you could not walk threw his house
he had more hemis than god....
the storys that the oldmen would talk about him, you would just sit there and shake your head and think ... man if i only had one of his cars now!!!!!!!!!!!

Speedy died unexpectedly in 1992

the date on my bill of sale is 11/11/92.
this is quite likely one of speedys last cars.

what i found to be fairly wild,
was that he traded a 41 Hudson super 6 4 door straight across for it in N.C.
what an Odd trade a 4 door 41 for a 2 door fury?

i still have to go get the original motor which is said to be where the car came from/barn find.
might be interesting.

Back