Splitter Guard Plea from Mopar HQ

Pffffft, just get a top shelf 'rari that has the sensor & computer memory to raise the car where all the speed bump and places it'll scrape... Bob's yer unkle!

:rofl:

Leaving them on just damages the paint. I took mine off the 2nd day I had the car. Plus they look stupid if you are driving the car on the street with those yellow guards on it.

I was surprised to see about half the Challengers and Chargers at Carlisle still had them on. If you were just selling or flipping your car and trailering it around I can see having the splitter covers on to protect the front end from getting scratched as that was the reason the factory put them on in the first place.

That's another pet peeve of mine, leaving Stickers on installed car parts out of lazyness or sillyness, I regularly see them even on newly installed tires.

Had to farm out some rear axle rubber bearing replacements recently on my old Bimmer and now I'm driving around with my Name on the order sticker of that part in a spot where I can't get to it to remove it, my fault, should have done it before taking it to the shop.

Being told what to do will not likely go over too well with this crowd and may have the opposite effect. I can see the $ signs in the eyes of OEMs now as many owners flip the bird to Mark Trostle.

On the other hand the yellow hides the curb rash from banging the step at the local 7-11.:steering:

chubbengerguard.JPG

On the other hand the yellow hides the curb rash from banging the step at the local 7-11.:steering:
Exactly. I'd leave them on. Not only do they look neat with certain paint colours IMO, they are also functional (and yes, I am one of those people that leaves the protective film on the screen of my microwave). I like the points that this guy made in favor of them as well.
In defense of leaving those yellow splitter guards on your Dodge Challenger or Charger

There are people that hang onto everything that came with their car which was intended to be thrown away, and display it all with their car at shows. How is this any different? If it's upsetting someone at Chrysler so badly that they're going to change the colour, why don't they mold them in BLACK so the protectors blend-in if you leave them on?

Back