Spring Fling 2015, Van Nuys CA 4/11-4/12

I will be there in the swap meet trying to clear out my parts inventory.
Chris, this might be beneficial to you and us here.
After you set up, could you post some pics of what you have available?
Maybe one of us will spot an item we can use.

Chris, this might be beneficial to you and us here.
After you set up, could you post some pics of what you have available?
Maybe one of us will spot an item we can use.

I will do that Stan. I really want to get rid of everything as I'm too busy in the shop to mess with parts. I think I will start a thread here showing what I have and sell what I can before Murray comes back to pick up what I have left.

I knew you were overflowing with stuff and cramped for space. Plus I know you're busier than a one armed paperhanger so...
lol

Any road wheel parts....I need a few hubs and caps and a set of trim rings.

Looking forward to seeing you again too Steve. Let me know if you're ready to thin out the herd yet and I'll bring my trailer. :poke::eek:ccasion14:

Oh I would consider it, but I recall you got a Magnum recently, so you probably really don't need it so much now! :painting_pink::thumbsup:

Leaving this morning for the Fling! Got my truck loaded for the swap meet. Any members going look me up. I'll be in the swap meet with my blue 04 Ram 3500. Hope to see some of you!

unfortunatly I am at home.
Chris, Steve, Alan, please post some pics

Carsten

I was only able to attend the first day, and that is primarily for the swap meet, although a lot of cars show up on the display field too. The best day for the car show would be the second day. But on the first day, I was only able to get a photos of one C body size car that really impressed me (my time was short due to too much time in the swap meet area). It was a just finished restoration of a 1958 Chrysler 300D done by Per Blixt, who is Jay Leno's chief body/paint guy. It was a superb job done right. Really impressed me! I expect the second day would yield some nice C bodies. Maybe Chris or others might have some photos.

Steve IMG_2701.jpg20150411_111632.jpgIMG_2700.jpgIMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

20150411_111632.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

I took more pictures than I have in recent years but get home to find I had bumped one of the settings and most of them were overexposed.

There was a 69 Polara that was recently on ebay, the new owner plans to leave it as-is and enjoy it.
2015-04-12_006.jpg

I can't have a report and not mention my friends Cuda again. Here he is just arriving.
2015-04-12_035.jpg

In the swap there was a 1971 DK package car that I was told the seller was saying was a CHP car, is is not, not even a California car. Looking at the colors I feel it was a Nevada Highway Patrol car, they were blue with a silver roof. The car has major rust issues in both rear quarters, front right fender was bashed in pretty good, no seats. All in all restorable to the right person.
2015-04-12_038.jpg

In the show was a 4-speed 1965 Polara wagon, it was for sale but those pictures didn't come out.
2015-04-12_062.jpg

There was a 1969 Polara 500 Convertible, it had a Super-Lite but no switch, and the chrome dress-up on the front.
2015-04-12_073.jpg

The 69 Newport was nice but no good pictures.

Did I say that my friend got Best of Show with his Cuda, he was on the way out when they stopped him to give him his trophy. He had already got 1st in E-Body Stock and figured ok, not thinking he could also get Best of Show. Not bad for a car restore for a fraction of what people might guess, did it himself in a one car garage and it was his first full restoration.
2015-04-12_080.jpg

(BTW he does drive it, just not 130 miles one way to his first show with it.)

I was lucky to get the picture that I did.

Alan

Last edited:
thanks for the pics Steve.
Which car sis you drive? ;o))

Carsten

I went with a friend who has a new Ford Focus with a Turbo 4 cylinder engine - faster than any 440 I have and well over 30 mpg - have to watch those carbon emissions in this progressive state you know! :)

But maybe when you attend the Fall Fling, we can find something more suitable to drive out there!

Steve

I looked at pics on moparts and couldn't find any familiar full size.

Ford Focus 4 cylinder?
I probably would refuse to sit in it ;o))

Carsten

Back