spring has arrived

jct

Reaction score
dandylion.jpg

That poor overachiever is in for a hearty dose of reality.

Must of been one of them GMO Flowers!
I looked at the Weather Channels wind chill map last night and saw no wind chill for the whole rust belt.
It can happen, but it's January.

Ppl say it's winter when it's was still clearly another month of autumn. So i'm doing it right...

Stupid spring weather having an indian winter

:lol:

Good thing I have the heated steering wheel and seat warmers set to come on automatically with the remote start.
My truck has heated seats and mirrors, but it doesn't much matter since it sits in a nice warm garage while I sit in front of my fireplace reminiscing the old days when I had to go to work everyday. I'm loving retirement!

My truck has heated seats and mirrors, but it doesn't much matter since it sits in a nice warm garage while I sit in front of my fireplace reminiscing the old days when I had to go to work everyday. I'm loving retirement!
It's so cold that when the email came in this morning for cruises at a $25 deposit, had to book one, but sadly it doesn't leave for another year.

"Its colder than a well-digger's *** out there. . ."

Been there, done that 25 years drilling outdoors through crap like this at times. Then the boss would have the balls to ask why you didn't get more done. Well let's see.. it only took all morning to get the rig started, then 1/2 the afternoon to chop a new hole in the ice at the creek, get the water pump started, thaw out the 800' of water line from the creek to the rig, we drilled for two hours then it got dark. How is it in the office these days? you prick!
Repeat performance tomorrow. Lol

Been there, done that 25 years drilling outdoors through crap like this at times. Then the boss would have the balls to ask why you didn't get more done. Well let's see.. it only took all morning to get the rig started, then 1/2 the afternoon to chop a new hole in the ice at the creek, get the water pump started, thaw out the 800' of water line from the creek to the rig, we drilled for two hours then it got dark. How is it in the office these days? you prick!
Repeat performance tomorrow. Lol

That's why our northern rigs drill 24/7 and only shut down when something serious breaks or they are on the road moving to the next hole.

Back in the day I worked on a radar site build and we had a cold snap. It went to -40 C/F and all our power tools froze. A big 3/4" drill motor would only turn at about 1 rpm, so the super put a big heater in the tool crib. Even so you couldn't work very long before the tool needed to be heated again. We were pretty warm with enough layers to even work up a sweat, which you never wanted to do otherwise you'd instantly freeze. It was a ***** job, but the pay was great!

Back