Spring shackles for a 67 Wagon

mag162

Reaction score
So I found out that the shackles for the rear of my wagon are discontinued.
I’m gonna order a set of springs and hardware from Espo’s.
Are there any other sources for the shackles?

So I found out that the shackles for the rear of my wagon are discontinued.
I’m gonna order a set of springs and hardware from Espo’s.
Are there any other sources for the shackles?

Mopars do not usually do well with longer spring shackles. The tail of the spring is pretty long and what usually happens is that installing a longer shackle just causes the tail of the spring to droop without much gain in the ride height. If you are having issues with the back of the car dragging, you might try a set of load leveler shocks before replacing the spring set. A lot of times that will cure the problem and it is a much easier operation that replacing springs. Rock auto still has the load levelers in stock.

Dave

I have the load levelers installed just figured maybe it was time after 53 years.

The bushings in the shackles are usually replaceable. Might need to be pressed in, but similar GM items just push in. Check with Espo for that deal, too. Firmer rubber is better, by observation.

CBODY67

There is a set of NOS on e-bay right now item #143148438468. Looks like the same set I bought from a different vendor . Mine were I bit cheaper but hard to find the wagon specific as they have a offset to them and nobody makes them today.

Back