SRT Production Line

Nice video, thanks!

Some random observations....
The yellow "status symbol" protector strip is already installed on the front grill/bumper before it gets installed on the car....haha.

It seems like a lot of the body assembly was done with bumps by hand or a rubber mallet. Don't they use bolts anymore?

And finally, the workers look like they're dressed for the gym rather than a factory. Shouldn't they be decked out in Ben Davis attire with work boots?

Last edited:
Nice video, thanks!

Some random observations....
The yellow "status symbol" protector strip is already installed on the front grill/bumper before it gets installed on the car....haha.

It seems like a lot of the body assembly was done with bumps by hand or a rubber mallet. Don't they use bolts anymore?

And finally, the workers look like they're dressed for the gym rather than a factory. Shouldn't they be decked out in Ben Davis attire with work boots?

Hearing protection and hard hats?

Dave

Anybody 'sidez me ever drive past ANY of the Assembly Plants when they empty out and before the clean up crews pick up the trash? Beer cans and Bottles plus many many brown paper bagz too with MT liquor bottlez in 'um. FYI, I found that out back in the late '50s At the Phord assembly plant in Pico Rivera in SoCal. Made the mistake of parking too close to the trash canz with my 350 Triumph. Yeah, I made the mistake of being an 87 day almost Factory Rat in '58. Needed 90 dayz to get into the UAW. Best thing that happened waz when they fired me before I got those last 3 days in, Jer

Back