Star Brite or Star Bright Striping Tape

Mudeblue

Reaction score
I am looking for the trim that goes inside the side body trim on a 1965 Fury generally referred to as Star Brite which on a GM car, Chevy, it was referred to as Star Fire.

The original was metal and I had all the trim polished and it got destroyed in the process. The closest I can find is “Star Fire” which is/was made by 3M in automotive vinyl, 150 feet, but has been discontinued. If you want to refinance your car it can be found which I have; found that is.

Does anyone have any experience with this or other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

The color inset, in the anodized aluminum trim? Might find a sign shop that can do die-cut decals, or similar, which can design/duplicate the size/shape/angularity of the inset, or a place that does vehicle wraps with similar capabilities?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

If I understand die cut, the pattern is pre-printed. If I can’t find the Star Brite for the Chrysler/Plymouth I am inclined to go with the Star Fire which is different but very similar and even that is difficult to find. I only found one source which would I am guessing is left over inventory since 3M discontinued. Problem is the quantity would be enough to do eight cars! Thanks for the thought.

Special T’s sells a kit for the engine turn “tape” for the car.

Open the catalog PDF and there's a lot of good stuff there.

Found the exact material in a vinyl adhesive. It is called "Side Trim Tape for 1963 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport" at Collectors Auto Supply. They acquire it from one of their vendors. It is 2" wide and cut into 6 pieces for the Impala; to order. They are going to call their vendor and see if it can be cut to 5/8" width and six pieces 40", 54" and 90". If not, I can buy a roll and cut it myself or have it done by a professional which is probably the way to go. Spent a lot of time on the web but it paid off; so far, knock on wood! There is also a aircraft parts company that sells it but only in 2" X 150' but has a minimum order $ amount which will make your teeth hurt.

Back