Starting Woes

I didn't do much as I found other under dash wiring that needs correcting, so I replaced a door panel with a better one.

IMG_20180718_111613.jpg

I was just making room for myself, speaker wires were hanging in my way, so I decided to take out the speakers as well as the wire. Didn't look right having a big hole in the panel, so I grabbed the old ones off the gray car and put the driver's on, passengers side ready to go for morning, then back to wiring. But yeah, squirrel.

i'm in the same boat too many projects on the car, want to do it all, all at once

Did you figure out the starting issue yet?

Normally the battery is the culprit, followed by a loose or corroded wire. The only thing left is a bad starter but your video leans towards,a lack of electrical power.

Did you figure out the starting issue yet?

Normally the battery is the culprit, followed by a loose or corroded wire. The only thing left is a bad starter but your video leans towards,a lack of electrical power.
Got rain.:( I have to check the brakes in the Avenger, then I'm going to see if I can at least see if I'm getting power to where it should be, and get another volt meter.

Checked resistance at 200 ohms I got 4.1 through the little wire from the relay to the starter. I checked the wire from the battery to the relay and got 1.6. I'm new to using meters, so I may have done it incorrectly, don't know. Those were the only wires I checked between showers.

Not trying to be a smart *** but..... 1.6 what?
Whatever the unit of measurement was. I have no clue. I have a digital cheapo bin one I grabbed, 200-2000k ohm range. I got zero until I turned it down to 2000 ohm and got .1 or something. It doesn't say what the measurement is in, volts, Amps, etc. I haven't read the crappy instructions much more than where to plug the leads in, so that's my fault. Self powered unit, didn't have the battery connected, don't know if that matters.

Last edited:
Whatever the unit of measurement was. I have no clue. I have a digital cheapo bin one I grabbed, 200-2000k ohm range. I got zero until I turned it down to 2000 ohm and got .1 or something. It doesn't say what the measurement is in, volts, Amps, etc. I haven't read the crappy instructions much more than where to plug the leads in, so that's my fault. Self powered unit, didn't have the battery connected, don't know if that matters.
You better put that thing down before you hurt yourself....:poke:

I still say take the battery to AAP or AZ and let them test and charge it if needed. They do that for free while you wait and can't really F that up.

I still say take the battery to AAP or AZ and let them test and charge it if needed. They do that for free while you wait and can't really F that up.
12.8 volts bought in May, interstate mtp-27 I think. Have one a few years older, same thing. I can throw it on my charger, I just bought one a few weeks ago.

How old is the battery?

There is a date code stamped on the battery case or a sticker.

Back