Steering stabilizer

Carl Severa

Reaction score
Greetings everyone.

Where can l find a replacement steering stabilizer for a 69 Dodge Monaco 4 door sedan or a replacement bushing if replacing that part alone is possible? Thanks. Carl

Download the FSM for free at www.mymopar.com manuals are in the tools/reference section, this will get you the correct terminology. Mopars do not use a part called a steering stabilizer, I suspect that you are thinking about an idler arm, that is the part that supports the steering linkage on the passenger side. If so, Google "69 C-Body idler arm and several suppliers should come up.

Dave

Greetings everyone.

Where can l find a replacement steering stabilizer for a 69 Dodge Monaco 4 door sedan or a replacement bushing if replacing that part alone is possible? Thanks. Carl
Hi Carl,
I owned a 69 Monaco 4-door.
Steering stabilizer is not an applicable part if the car is original. Could you post a picture of what you are working on?
This is for a jeep
https://www.4wheelparts.com/b/suspension/steering-stabilizer/_/N-cm5jb
1650762400006.png

Download the FSM for free at www.mymopar.com manuals are in the tools/reference section, this will get you the correct terminology. Mopars do not use a part called a steering stabilizer, I suspect that you are thinking about an idler arm, that is the part that supports the steering linkage on the passenger side. If so, Google "69 C-Body idler arm and several suppliers should come up.

Dave
Thank you. It is as you say. I had the wrong terminology for the part. It's the idler arm. Thank you again.

Way to go Carl!
A common problem. I've seen a lot of idler arms with no grease fitting.
Guess what steering part wears out first? Never understood that.

Back