Stock 73 Fury rim offset and back spacing

Camden Ray

Reaction score
Hi all! I’m looking at a set of 15x7 cragar S/S rims and I was wanting to know the proper offset and back spacing for the stock 15x7 rims so I’ll know if they fit due to the fact they’d be second hand but I can’t find it anywhere online besides here hopefully

Chrysler didn't have any 15x7s that early. The '75-era Charger SE had a 15x6.5 Rally wheel option, though. Didn't measure them before I put them on my '70 Monaco.

I suspect that a 4.0" backspacing on a 7" wide wheel would work fine. The GM 15x7s usually had a 4.25" backspacing (as on the '77-'81 Z/28 steel wheels).

BE SURE to measure the backspacing correctly, at the rim, rather than at the flange of the rim. The Cragar website should have an illustration of that?

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Chrysler didn't have any 15x7s that early. The '75-era Charger SE had a 15x6.5 Rally wheel option, though. Didn't measure them before I put them on my '70 Monaco.

I suspect that a 4.0" backspacing on a 7" wide wheel would work fine. The GM 15x7s usually had a 4.25" backspacing (as on the '77-'81 Z/28 steel wheels).

BE SURE to measure the backspacing correctly, at the rim, rather than at the flange of the rim. The Cragar website should have an illustration of that?

Enjoy!
CBODY67
Thank you so much

I installed some aftermarket wheels on my '71 Newport a few years ago. They are 15"x7" and fit my car with no clearance issues. My car has front discs. I can't remember the offset, but I can definitely tell you that they are 3.75" backspacing, if that helps at all.

I installed some aftermarket wheels on my '71 Newport a few years ago. They are 15"x7" and fit my car with no clearance issues. My car has front discs. I can't remember the offset, but I can definitely tell you that they are 3.75" backspacing, if that helps at all.
Yeah I did some more research and most of what I’m finding is 3.75 to 4.125 back spacing will work, Tanks for the info

Back