Stock Interiors...quality? lead time?

swisherred

Reaction score
I'm sure several here have used Stock Interiors for some of their items...

I want to know about the quality, fitment and lead times on ordering a headliner for my fast top. Are they made well? Do they fit well? Do they take years like SMS? Do they have good customer support?

I used them for carpet and headliner in my 71 . I think it was 2 weeks total from order to delivery . The molded carpet didnt fit great ( it possible it was my fault ) it needed some extra material for under the rear seat. But I believe the rear seats were recovered in my car so maybe they are just outa shape .... I dunno. The material it self was nice and ordering was simple

I ordered a headliner from them about a year ago for my '72 Fury. The order process was easy and I think it only took about 2-3 weeks to get. However - I didn't end up using it. It was not the right one for my car. The installer found this out when he went to put it in.

My car is a PH29 Fury III and I believe the headliner I received was for a PH23. The roofs are different. I don't blame Stock Interiors for this mistake - this was on me however it would have been nice if they used different terminology in their descriptions or at least referenced what the difference was. The two choices I had were the following:

FURY II, 2 Door Hard Top Formal Roof Bow Style Headliner
or
Sport Fury, Gran Fury, 2 door Hard Top Sports Roof Fastback Bow Style Headliner.

I ordered the Sports Roof Fastback - and it wasn't right. I probably should have called them to get more information but at the time I don't think I was fully aware of how different the roofs were.

In the end though - it was a blessing in disguise. The material I choose was not the original nor was it the original color. I picked what I thought was as close as I could get...but in hindsight, it wouldn't have looked very good. I think the installer wanted to see a quality job here so he went searching and was able to find the original material and original color from SMS. I think he had a contact for someone high up at SMS so that's how he was able to get it quickly. Side note though - the first headliner they sent him was wrong - it was for a Barracuda and not a Fury. All in all this whole process took about a month.....and the correct headliner was only about $40 more than the one I got from Stock Interiors.

I still have the Stock Interiors headliner - sitting in a box in my garage....was all ready to get installed with glue and everything. If anyone wants it it's free.

Back