Strut Rod sleeve and bushings

Dyna_rider91

Reaction score
Hey guys putting my stub together years later after sitting. I put my struts in realizing I’m missing strut bushing shell/washer. Can’t seem to find a kit, my old ones are shot, question is will b/c/e body bushing kit work? Thanks . Also here’s some pics as well.

3D293974-7842-465F-AF13-C83026A8D88A.jpeg

0F7E8845-C0FB-40F7-A937-405DE9DBA441.jpeg

B2047CE0-42D2-40F1-8780-5E8C50079CE6.jpeg

98DA2855-3B85-4C79-B5D2-3CAE57186542.jpeg

956C6963-FCDA-4991-BA26-2D514B9A6BDE.jpeg

793AC4F6-A6EE-45CE-9D5A-6591FF3DB40E.jpeg

Just an observation, you caliper brackets need to be towards the rear of the spindle, not the front.

Maybe so, but this is a Chrysler product and the calipers go to the rear. This way you won't mess up your brake hoses.

Thanks for responses, not knowing suspension kit to come with out strut shell and washer trying to find a source that still has them. When I put brackets on I thought similar but Leed has it this way in conversion kit.

Should probably give Craig @mobileparts a call. I’ve seen the moog kit with the problem solver bushing on eBay but haven’t seen the kit with the washers in a long time. Everything is looking good. I can’t wait to see the progression.

Will keep updating as moving along, car is 66 sport fury
traintech55 is right about the brake lines for stock. My SSBC kit used KH calipers, also, and they are forward, too. But, the braided lines that came with them were long/flexible enough. My nit is that the angle of the inlet is back toward the spindle arm. I'm almost tempted to use a banjo.

Did you use or do you have any spacers between the caliper mounting and the spindle? 'Just asking. I imagine you don't know, yet(?) if you will need spacers on the caliper to mounting bracket?
I have the same kit. It does use a spacer between the caliper and mount. It is an ordinary flat washer.

are you happy with your kit and the how it came out? Will be trying to button up disc Calipers this weekend.
Funny you ask. I just got the passenger side rotor and caliper mounted last night, so I can't really can't say how it came out yet. I will finish the driver's side in the next couple of hours. My biggest complaint would be the booster bracket and the fact that they sent some incorrect lines. I didn't like the way the booster mounted so far from the firewall and I just ended up modifying the firewall to mount it directly. If I knew that I'd have this kit for a couple of years before I got around to putting it on I would of chosen to wait to find a Chrysler 73 disk brake setup. But at the time I was in a hurry and this kit seemed like a great option for me. If the car stops well though I think I'll forget about some of its shortcomings.

Funny you ask. I just got the passenger side rotor and caliper mounted last night, so I can't really can't say how it came out yet. I will finish the driver's side in the next couple of hours. My biggest complaint would be the booster bracket and the fact that they sent some incorrect lines. I didn't like the way the booster mounted so far from the firewall and I just ended up modifying the firewall to mount it directly. If I knew that I'd have this kit for a couple of years before I got around to putting it on I would of chosen to wait to find a Chrysler 73 disk brake setup. But at the time I was in a hurry and this kit seemed like a great option for me. If the car stops well though I think I'll forget about some of its shortcomings.

I had to ask cause when I looked into this kit didn’t really see any post or reviews on them besides one salty review on summit we’re I got the kit lol. I was in same boat, got excited seeing a whole kit and to just buy it and think it should be a direct bolt on, but now a days what is a direct bolt on without some type of modification. I guess as long as it stops good in the end it will be worth the small troubles. I’m sure I’ll run into something as well.

Back