Sunday Drives

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I have never been afraid to drive my cars. In 2011 I was headed to a show the day before and taking some back roads. This year it was raining and the roads I was on were used by the farmers so there was a good film of mud on the pavement.

There was a lite spot in the rain so I thought I'd stop and take a picture of the car...
2011-06-04_001.jpg

Another hour or so down the road it cleared up a little...
2011-06-04_002.jpg

It was a little had to imagine that most of the roads that I was taking were the primary roads up till the 30's, the 101 has bypassed much of this between Los Angeles and San Francisco, there are few areas that the old alignments can still be driven.

Needless to say once in town I found a car wash and was able to get the car cleaned up for the show. I had a couple come up to me and comment on seeing the filthy car on the highway.
2011-06-05_012.jpg

Just because I know many people here are tucking their cars away for the winter I thought I'd share a picture from my winter drive a little while back. I had been raining the few days earlier so I had to dodge a few mud holes (wasn't planning on a car wash before pictures)
2010-01-23_05.jpg

Like I said I'm not afraid to drive my car, this is in Oregon near Mount Hood a 1000 miles from home.
2009-08-23_07.jpg

My Barracuda is my first love, always like getting out and driving it.

Alan

as young guns on the attact of the world we showed n raced everywhere we could , we had entered my buds t/a in the oakland roaster show , in calif . it was raining hard allday and night . we drove it 60 miles in the poring rain . and six of us dried n polished that machine to a second place in its class . inside and out , under and over and over , ect.... i lead a simpler life now , ya right lol .

Back