For Sale Super Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

67-Fury

Reaction score
Contact seller
These wheels were mentioned in another thread. Here they are.

1978 Plymouth Super Coupe

00404_5lOXLPS35XE_600x450.jpg

1978 Plymouth Super Coupe - Super rare car, only 492 units produced! 1 of only 44 known surviving cars according to Galin Govier. V-8 (360), auto, 57K original miles. 2,000 miles on complete mechanical restoration with over $16,000 invested. This is a truly rare piece of Mopar muscle car history. A fantastic rust free survivor and a blast to drive! $10,000 FIRM. Call five 7 zero 4 eight 8 six 4 zero 6 for complete details.

I find the only 44 known surviving cars a stretch ... probably only 44 registered with Galan

Not far from you.... get r done.
Dont have 10K. And if i did, I dont know if i would spend it on a Late 70s mopar. I still hold some Prejudice against them. But Being on this site has Started to shift that View point as there are many on here with Beuatiful Formals.

When I was going to Tech school in 1982 a classmate of mine had an hour break inbetween class so we would race with his Super Coupe vs my '79 Dodge Magnum GT. Both had same motor etc but Magnum was heavier. I beat him every time with my Magnum GT. From then on whenever I see one of these cars I call them a "Chicken Coupe" instead of a "Super Coupe". Fast forward a couple of decades another friend has a "Chicken Coupe" but main color is brown metallic. The car on craigs above is much cleaner, better color and rebuilt motor. It appears to be a "turn key" collector car. I think he is right on in price and predict to be worth much more in the near future.

Last edited:
I find the only 44 known surviving cars a stretch ... probably only 44 registered with Galan

Right, because if he doesn't know about them then they aren't known to exist.

I don't see GG giving out that type of info... or at least without a qualifying "in the Super Coupe registry" or something like that.

It is a rare car, but they never did anything for me.

Oh... and mandatory Youtube video...

I don't see GG giving out that type of info... or at least without a qualifying "in the Super Coupe registry" or something like that.

Based upon many comments and ads I've read by people who registered their car with him or paid him for decoding etc and reference him, I think that's exactly the type of info he provides, but I do agree he probably qualifies it. Not that the people who quote his info do, qualify the info that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back