Superbird update

DCMC

Reaction score
It turns out people have been trying to buy this for years. He says he's saving (?) It for his grandson who shows no interest in it. Another to rot away. Suppose to be a 69 Charger in the garage also buried under the 7' of junk. I'll try contacting him anyway, all he can do is tell to leave him alone.

Same scenario, different person. Probably saw the barn find wing car and figures his is just as good? For the sake of the car, it would be best to sell it to somebody else who will restore it correctly. But he probably suspects that that buyer would just turn it for a bunch of profit. Now, if they could strike some sort of partnership deal to sell the car, EACH could make money, as the grandson might have some more quick college money, possibly. FWIW

CBODY67

Only chance might be if he passes away then the grandson gets it. He Will prolly want a Fortune for it but at least it will be for sale.

You had stated that the car was at an "abandoned house" .
If the house is abandoned and no one is claiming it the car is up for grabs.
I'm assuming the house is not actually abandoned then? They own it and just don't live there any longer?

Very curious for more information..........

Grandson will have no interest until he figures out what it's worth, as said, probably won't be a deal but at least back in circulation.

Of course people have been trying to buy it for years. And of course, it's the same old story, regarding not selling it. I'm surprised it's not missing some pieces, must be relatively "safe".

Sounds like you haven't actually spoken with the owner yet. Things change, past inquiries may not have been reasonable, or timed well. The ol' stack of cash sitting under the nose typically gets one thinking.

Now you've got me wondering, if he has a spot inside a garage, and this one's sitting outside, how amazing is the one that's inside?

Back