Surf's UP!

Boomer

Reaction score
Well guys (and any gals who might be viewing).....as I type this, the Road Shark is on its way over to Gary/Wollfen's place to be stored and tinkered on by a fellow who knows these cars far, far better than me *and* does much better work, too! We've been discussing this since shortly after I offered the car for sale. Gary offered to let me keep it there for a very reasonable rate while we got moved and settled up in VA, and as we discussed it also said he could help out with some of the repairs that have stymied me (like getting the @$%&*! thing to RUN reliably).

Through a friend of Gary's, transport was arranged and Will from Cape Fear Auto Transport just headed down the road with the Shark in tow.

I have to say I'm not at all disappointed that it didn't sell (in fact, I didn't get so much as one offer) and I'm glad I took Stan's advice to list it first, worry about the rest later. It gave me some breathing space to deal with everything else going on, and now that the view is beginning to clear a bit, I can see that it's a car worth keeping and enjoying. And it couldn't be in better hands than Gary's, who it turns out after a call today shares some similar interests. Really looking forward to meeting him, knocking down a few brews, talking shop and whatever else.

Will eventually rekindle the Road Shark rebuild thread once there is more to tell. Right now I'm just breathing a big sigh of relief.

Many, many thanks Gary!
Transport3.JPG
Transport6.JPG
Transport7.JPG

No probs Todd, I look forward to seeing it in about, umm 45mins! That's two cars that have arrived today, I will update everyone on the other coupe later, just going to have to wait I'm afraid...

Well guys (and any gals who might be viewing).....as I type this, the Road Shark is on its way over to Gary/Wollfen's place to be stored and tinkered on by a fellow who knows these cars far, far better than me *and* does much better work, too! We've been discussing this since shortly after I offered the car for sale. Gary offered to let me keep it there for a very reasonable rate while we got moved and settled up in VA, and as we discussed it also said he could help out with some of the repairs that have stymied me (like getting the @$%&*! thing to RUN reliably).

Through a friend of Gary's, transport was arranged and Will from Cape Fear Auto Transport just headed down the road with the Shark in tow.

I have to say I'm not at all disappointed that it didn't sell (in fact, I didn't get so much as one offer) and I'm glad I took Stan's advice to list it first, worry about the rest later. It gave me some breathing space to deal with everything else going on, and now that the view is beginning to clear a bit, I can see that it's a car worth keeping and enjoying. And it couldn't be in better hands than Gary's, who it turns out after a call today shares some similar interests. Really looking forward to meeting him, knocking down a few brews, talking shop and whatever else.

Will eventually rekindle the Road Shark rebuild thread once there is more to tell. Right now I'm just breathing a big sigh of relief.

Many, many thanks Gary!View attachment 83314 View attachment 83315 View attachment 83316

I am so glad you and Gary are collaborating on your car. Its this kind of thing that is just another reason this place is so great.

Indeed. Just the information exchange here alone is pretty much priceless if you're working on a C body. The camaraderie makes it that much better. I'm still waiting to meet Gary to talk aircraft and other cool items we touched on via the landline.

I've been waiting to hear what anybody says about a certain blue fusey in the background, it arrived that morning. ;)

Well....I was gonna see if you wanted to swap, but figured I'd better not push my luck. :D

You dog! Where didja get 4-Speed Fury with a 440 and A/C ? You have definitely moved up on the 'YOU SUCK' list. . .
Actually the car isn't mine, I won't speak much more of it until I get permission from the owner, lol.

Back