WANTED Sway bar frame brackets 68 fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knebel

Reaction score
Contact seller
Anyone has cut off some of the front sway bar brackets off the frame? I am looking for a set, just rented a garage for at least a month and would be able to weld them onto the frame. If nobody has them, can anyone give me some measurements on where they are supposed to sit on the frame exactly?

Anyone has cut off some of the front sway bar brackets off the frame? I am looking for a set, just rented a garage for at least a month and would be able to weld them onto the frame. If nobody has them, can anyone give me some measurements on where they are supposed to sit on the frame exactly?
I can get some measurements for you tomorrow, but you can use some simple box too. I will take pics for you too.

"use some simple box too" what? lol.

would be awesome if you could give me some measurements even better with pics!

Here are the pics of the bracket, it is the same both sides. The first measurement is from the lower frame that the lower control arms bolt through to the bracket of 3.75in. (photo taken from underneath) Second photo shows the height of the bracket of 3.75in and flush with the top edge of the side chassis rail. Third photo length of bracket is 3.5in. Fourth photo, width of bracket is 3in. Hole is approx 7/8in diameter and is 1.5in in from the edge.

Swaybar mount.jpg
Swaybar mount1.jpg
Swaybar mount2.jpg
Swaybar mount3.jpg
Swaybar mount4.jpg
Swaybar mount5.jpg

Wollfen was referring to box tubing.

I've made/welded on brackets on my 68 fury (from miter-cutbox tubing), be aware wedling it isn't as easy as you'd think. In your mind you picture just getting in there and welding around the bracket, but it's actually a lot tighter in reality. I did mine when my grille/radiator support was out, so I could lean right in, and it still was a little tough to get at all the positions/angles I wanted. And I was using a fluxcore with a small 'nozzle', not a much-larger MIG handle.

It can be done, just don't go into it thinking it'll be a piece of cake.

As far as location, hang the swaybar onto the strut rods (use new bushings) and hold that up into the air with the bar-links on it, and that will help you locate the brackets also.

Make sure the boxtube is the right thickness (should be 2x the pilot height) so that both bushings 'pilot' into the hole completely. You don't want them to squirm and eventually slice thru the pilot of the bushings. you want them to pilot and smash-down, not be merely working on clampforce.

If FirmFeel sells their framelinks separately, those are a really good piece to use vs factory. But you'd need smaller bushing ID. IF you can afford a whole FF bar, so much the better! I have one and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back