Sway Bar Link Bushings

boom.operator

Reaction score
Hello,

my ´73 Monaco lost a link bushing.
Do someone know where to get a replacement? I only found a complete set at rockauto but it is not in stock. Did these bushings have a special name that i can google for?

photo_2021-12-06 16.01.04.jpeg
photo_2021-12-06 16.01.10.jpeg

My 69 has a one piece the pushes through the frame.
2014-09-13_005.jpg

As far as I know these are only available NOS (not cheap), I'm not sure what 73 originally had but I doubt it was different.

Alan

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, you can also order them at moparshop.de

Not to hijack, but a stupid question here. Exactly HOW do you press the one-piece bushings into the frame . . . ???

Not to hijack, but a stupid question here. Exactly HOW do you press the one-piece bushings into the frame . . . ???
If you look at the picture you can see the white lube on one end and the middle. It is easier than it looks, a couple twist to get them seated and a pop with the mallet.

Alan

Not to try to "cheap-out", but in the orig picture, it looks to me like what's on the link matches the Moog items. Which are very similar to upper shock absorber grommets, just that one of them is on the link itself. Also very similar to generic GM sway bar link bolt bushings (which the referenced Moog kit replaces). GM also had some in white polyurethane ('79 Pontiac TransAm WS-6 equipment), as the similar Moog items are blue polyurethane and a bit softer.

Also seems like the earlier Chrysler upper shock bushing was like the $80.00 eBay item? Pushed into the upper shock hole from the topside, but later shocks started to use the two-piece grommet items?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Wow, all I did was measure the bushing and found something close from the Dorman “Help!” rack. From what I remember, they were in two parts, not the one piece NOS variety. I think I paid $5 for two. Seems to work fine, but time will tell.

Back