Syracuse Nationals

march

Reaction score
Just a shout-out for my home town:

One of the largest classic car shows in the world takes place this week at the NY State Fairgrounds in Syracuse. It runs from Friday thru Sunday. Over 8,000 cars and about 100k people attend. Vehicles must be older than 1985 every day but Sunday. Folks drive in from 34 States and 6 Canadian provinces. The day before the show, car owners are treated to a free, all-you-can-eat lunch, lakeside, and other events, like a poker-run.
A large metropolitan area is pretty much covered in old cars for a few days.
Syracuse Nationals
Google Maps
https://jalopnik.com/the-ten-biggest-car-shows-in-the-world-1623265207

It's next to a 6-lane interstate, another 6-lane 65MPH highway, and two more, less than 5 minutes away: the NY State Thruway (I-90) and I-81. The entire show covers about 400 acres of flat land, with some huge, air-conditioned buildings.
It caters to everyone, including the ladies, with a 3-story Womens building on-site, plus free luxury coach rides to the 6th largest shopping mall in the nation, just 10 minutes away (DestinyUSA).

Lots of hot rods, customs, classics, national & local vendors, car corral, etc. They even provide an all-volunteer auto repair shop on site.

Since it's inception, 20 years ago, it's all been run by a small company known as "Right Coast", and a coalition of our independent car clubs, known as the Central NY Car Club Association. We have fun.

View attachment 301751

upload_2019-7-15_7-13-48.png

syr_nationals_drone_20180721a.jpg

Last edited:
Back