T-Cows 68 T/C wagon updates...

The only thing I really didn't like about the set-up is the flex line. In my opinion it is was too short. Needs about another inch of more in length.

PICT6766.jpg

PICT6767.jpg

And due to the sharp turn out of th ebracket I moved the big rubber end around on the flex lines.

PICT6742.jpg

But other then that it is all done. Just need to dial in the adjustable proportioning valve.

PICT6769.jpg

Nice job!....and ya got lots o' patience, too! IMO your wagon is one of the coolest slabbie cars by far......and this is coming from a fuselage guy, I love it

The only thing I really didn't like about the set-up is the flex line. In my opinion it is was too short. Needs about another inch of more in length.

PICT6766.jpg

PICT6767.jpg

And due to the sharp turn out of th ebracket I moved the big rubber end around on the flex lines.

PICT6742.jpg

But other then that it is all done. Just need to dial in the adjustable proportioning valve.

PICT6769.jpg

I would have your local hydraulic hose shop make a couple of hoses at the length you want. You could give them those hoses in the picture and they can use your original ends/fittings and make those hoses to the length you want.

Nice job!....and ya got lots o' patience, too! IMO your wagon is one of the coolest slabbie cars by far......and this is coming from a fuselage guy, I love it

And I thank you Sir!!

Why do they ALWAYS do that????:rant:

I haven't followed too many rear disc upgrades...so this is a common complaint I take it?

I would have your local hydraulic hose shop make a couple of hoses at the length you want. You could give them those hoses in the picture and they can use your original ends/fittings and make those hoses to the length you want.

That is a good idea. Didn't know they could re-use the end fittings. But I might end up changing the orientation next year to so meting that does not require you having to totally drain the caliper of brake fluid every time you want it off.

Oh hell yes. I can't wait to read this whole thread later. Just awesome.

Thank you...tried to be as thorough as possible so other might benefit from my trials and tribulations.

That is a good idea. Didn't know they could re-use the end fittings. But I might end up changing the orientation next year to so meting that does not require you having to totally drain the caliper of brake fluid every time you want it off.

I did that all the time with prototype and ancient "equipment" at the Proving Ground.

Alright it seems when I took the wagon to the drags this summer I did hurt the motor. It burning oil badly now. Guess it was too much for a 90K + mile motor. Anyway I'm search about for a good motor right now and came across a couple. Both are cast crank motors. My question is with the cast crank balancer on the front of the motor will all the pullies off the 71 steel crank 440 I'm currently running still line up???

I did the reverse.
Pullies from a cast crank to a steel crank and they all lined up perfectly.
I can't see why vise-versa wouldn't work.

Well the old wagon is being thrust into daily driver service. I'm doing a 2wd to 4wd conversion on my old 84 Dodge 1 Ton Cummins Crewcab, so the wagon will be driven in all weather conditions until I'm done.

If your interested in what I'm doing to my old crewcab you check out my build thread here...

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/crewcab-update-t305923.html

Kind of feel bad driving the Ol' girl during the worsening fall and winter weather, but I have no other car to use. I could buy a beater, but I don't have the extra cash for that option. So I'm using what I have.

I'd consider some body protection with suitable wax or the like if not already done, helps a lot.

I'd consider some body protection with suitable wax or the like if not already done, helps a lot.

I've waxed, and polished all the bumpers and trim. Oiled up the doors, fenders, rockers and quarters..Hope to minimize the effects of the bad weather. Thanksfully we usually don't get any real winter weather until January...hope to have it done before then.

Back