Tail Light and Turn Signals.

Mudeblue

Reaction score
Just brought Big Iron 65 SF, home after undergoing major surgery for 3 1/2 years. Wasn’t sure either one of us would survive but somehow we did. Now I am into the “tweaking” stage. So my questions will continue given the folks on this Forum have been great contributors.

My first issue is the tail lights and turn signals. Everything is fine on the right side and the front. Rear left, another issue. 1) Lights; one works, outside, as it should but no turn or brake light. 2) Turning lights, of which there is two, neither works. The inside light is dim when not plugged into the light bezel/fixture but when I plug it in, very bright as if the brake light is on. I put a new socket in but if wires are backwards, this should not affect whether they work but rather how it lights. All bulbs are computable and right numbers, 1157’s. Ideas/suggestions?

IMG_2983.jpeg

Last edited:
Grounds.

Especially if it just came from the paint shop... The new paint acts as a nice insulator.

Check it with a long wire with alligator clips or even jumper cables in a pinch. Just find a known, good ground and jumper from that to the light housings. .

Another culprit can be the turn signal switch in the steering column...Mopar decided that all the light functions should run through the turn signal switch so over time contacts get dirty and worn, as well as the plastic tends to warp over time from heat and age thus loosing additional points of contact.

Another culprit can be the turn signal switch in the steering column...Mopar decided that all the light functions should run through the turn signal switch so over time contacts get dirty and worn, as well as the plastic tends to warp over time from heat and age thus loosing additional points of contact.
Second new switch. All other lights work except rear left. Possible.

Back