Tail Light Weather Stripping - 1965 Sport Fury.

Mudeblue

Reaction score
After working so tail light gaskets for several weeks and which is “almost” done, the next project is the Weather Stripping for the taillights. This is MOLDED weather stripping between the body and the tail light housing so this maybe the impossible but I”lol give it a shot. Does anybody have or know if and where this can be procured? With regard to the tail light gaskets, since I could procure, I roamed the aisles at the hardware store until I found similar material and as to the foam gaskets, you can buy a 8’ x 4’ sheet of polyurethane at Home Depot for $12 and make gaskets to who laid the tail! Again, need weather stripping. Thanks.

Don't forget about the "filter/vents" too! Best I could tell, they are very similar to the filter tip on a quality cigarette. Go in the little round recesses in the gasket surface. Slip fit. Might be able to use the a Band-Aid section, too? Main thing is to keep dirt/dust out of the unit, which can reduce reflectivity and light through the lens, plus allow for any accumulated moisture to escape during the ambient temp swings.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Metro Rubber has a lot of universal type seals like this. Metro Moulded Parts

Tail-Light Housing Seal - LP 107-A​

LP107A__76502.1621695536.jpg

Back