WANTED Tailpipe support single exhaust 66-68

Status
Not open for further replies.

HWYCRZR

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for tailpipe support (aka exhaust hanger) for rear of tailpipe past the resonator. I would like to find an original PN 2660436. In ‘68 it was for all C-body and Imperial with single exhaust except wagons. It was also used in ‘66 &’67 for at least the Dodge and Plymouth 383’s.
Check your parts cars.
Prefer decent usable condition, but know that may not be realistic. As long as the bracket that bolts to the frame can be utilized and the clamp surface is there I can replace the rubber.
Please PM me with what you have and what you need for it. Please submit a picture. Thank you.
Marty
image.jpg
image.jpg

Out of stock per an E-mail today.

Look in the support/hanger section of the Walker Exhaust Parts catalog. MANY OEM hangers used to be in that selection. NAPA used to have Walker Exhaust products under their NAPA branding.

IF you have the metal pieces of an old one, you can re-brad a section of tire sidewall (cut to size) to replace the original rubber items in it, possibly.

CBODY67

Looking for tailpipe support (aka exhaust hanger) for rear of tailpipe past the resonator. I would like to find an original PN 2660436. In ‘68 it was for all C-body and Imperial with single exhaust except wagons. It was also used in ‘66 &’67 for at least the Dodge and Plymouth 383’s.
Check your parts cars.
Prefer decent usable condition, but know that may not be realistic. As long as the bracket that bolts to the frame can be utilized and the clamp surface is there I can replace the rubber.
Please PM me with what you have and what you need for it. Please submit a picture. Thank you.
Marty
View attachment 243608 View attachment 243609
My car is free of snow, I check tomorrow.

Look in the support/hanger section of the Walker Exhaust Parts catalog. MANY OEM hangers used to be in that selection. NAPA used to have Walker Exhaust products under their NAPA branding.

IF you have the metal pieces of an old one, you can re-brad a section of tire sidewall (cut to size) to replace the original rubber items in it, possibly.

CBODY67
I have been looking there, but haven't quite seen what I think I need. However the key part that I need is the metal bracket with the little tang that bolts to the uni body rail in the back. I was looking at the entire system piece instead of just the individual parts of the brackets. I don't have the metal pieces of an old one, but hopefully this wanted add will help me find some.

I thought you were looking for NOS? If not I think I have a source for these... They may be NORS. I sent him an email to find out. If i don't hear from him I will call him and see for sure what he has. I do have a used one. Its really crusty though... Did you buy the Resonator? What did you find out about the Y pipe?

I totally ran out of energy the other day, then forgot today. I'll go tomorrow and see if I have one. My apologies.

I thought you were looking for NOS? If not I think I have a source for these... They may be NORS. I sent him an email to find out. If i don't hear from him I will call him and see for sure what he has. I do have a used one. Its really crusty though... Did you buy the Resonator? What did you find out about the Y pipe?
for the Hanger I started out for NOS, but Brads was out of stock and CAS couldn't find one. If I can find a good original bracket with the right bend and tang that bolts to the frame, I should be able to blast and clean up to make it look New (as long as it is not too pitted).

I did purchase the tailpipe and resonator off e-bay as it was more than $100 less than what Brads NOS was offering and shipping was reasonable.
I couldn't quite pull the trigger on the Y- pipe as the $120 shipping on top of the $200 turned me off.
I talked to Mike Brunes Radiator and Exhaust here in town and he was pretty sure he had the bend cards and could make the rest of my system. He was under $400 for single exhaust from the manifold to the tail if I supplied the muffler.
He said he could supply a generic muffler, but if I had one in mind that looked stock he said to go ahead and get it. He figured my price would be about the same as his and I would have what I wanted.
If he would have had to spend time taking my old system off an mounting new hangers, if would have added at least $100. So now with the tail pipe and resonator supplied it will probably be less.

Some day if I find a Y- pipe at a swap meet and it looks different from what was made, I may make some changes. I need to quit spending money and get it on the road.

My guy said he has that rear hanger. I asked for a picture and price. He said it was "new"..... I think he has a few of them if anyone else needs one.

20190110_083956.jpg
20190110_083956.jpg
20190110_083951.jpg
20190110_083956.jpg

This is what we believe is the correct hanger. #2660 436. What do the C body experts say? They are $75. Plus the ride if I ship them out. There was no packaging or any other hardware with these. I believe this is a replacement part, maybe NORS but not NOS. I may be able to get a better price if buying in quantity, If others are interested.

I don't have a picture of a real one, but it looks real close to the parts drawing. The only difference is that on the parts drawing the part that clamps to the actual pipe is cantilevered from the mount and points towards the front of the car whereas in the pictures above this one it points to the rear, which actually centers it under the mount. The draftsman in the parts manual could have easily screwed up the image / perspective as well.
I may take a quick peek at the spacing between the bolt hole and where the tab goes through the frame. My concerns which may be unfounded is that tab seems wider compared to the slot in the frame and closer to the bolt hole. I am totally going off memory as I haven't studied the spacing that close on the frame. If it looks close enough, I will most likely try one. I will send a PM tonight.
Found a picture. It’s probably ok.
85A4246D-A12B-4BE2-A6EC-277B5C395A0D.jpeg

Thanks Marty

That is a very rusty 68 Polara in the picture. The tab on the bottom is welded to the pipe.

Maybe it is the left hand exhaust hanger for dual exhaust.:lol:

I wonder if a guy could find that size rivet and turn it around?
Why, because sometimes the little things like that bug me.

Do you have one coming to you? I finally got to the parts car, and it has the L shaped bracket on the frame, not too dirty, some sanding needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back