Taking a Ride in my '64 Newport

jimmyessbee

Reaction score
I know a '64 is not a Forward Look. I also know it's not even strictly a c-body. It's also true I'm not much of a videographer. And, of course, I've never spent more than $100 on a phone.

Nevertheless, I enjoy it when somebody posts a video of their vehicles. So, here's mine:

Interesting that your '64 Chrysler was re-painted a primer-like gray over the original paint . . . and the car body is solid and rust free! My '60 Dodge Dart was also re-painted gray like that over the original white--and the body on my car is also remarkably rust-free! Maybe that was navy surplus battleship gray paint that people used, and it did a great job protecting the body from rust. Car has since been re-painted blue and white.

All that snow already in North Dakota and it's 10 degrees? Makes New Jersey seem tropical by comparison. We won't even talk about what's happening in Buffalo right now!

20211014_102400-1.jpg

20220921_111417.jpg

Interesting that your '64 Chrysler was re-painted a primer-like gray over the original paint . . . and the car body is solid and rust free! My '60 Dodge Dart was also re-painted gray like that over the original white--and the body on my car is also remarkably rust-free! Maybe that was navy surplus battleship gray paint that people used, and it did a great job protecting the body from rust. Car has since been re-painted blue and white.

All that snow already in North Dakota and it's 10 degrees? Makes New Jersey seem tropical by comparison. We won't even talk about what's happening in Buffalo right now!

View attachment 568069

View attachment 568068
It's not rust free. Fenders, quarters, and everything visible is rust free. But you can put a few fingers through the driver's floor. I do feel like the paint is recent. They also pulled the Chrysler badges from the fenders and one is laying on the dash. Couldn't have been floating there too many years.

Back