Thank you, Zac, for a great afternoon.

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I made a trip north yesterday, one which was way overdue. @monaco75 had been kind enough to haul some parts back from Carlisle for me, and has been storing them ever since. A number of weeks ago, I had found a Formal in a junkyard up his way... but I got myself distracted and delayed the trip until now... I really couldn't leave the stuff cluttering up his storage space any longer (even though he claims it was no problem). We've all seen the Cummins project he's working on.

I, of course, did not have my crap together... it's a way of life... apparently. So no camera :BangHead:. The ride up really showed me lots of storm damage, nearly every billboard along I 4 and I 95 was shreaded and the numbers of trees alongside the roads that were down indicated how much was on the roads during and after the storm. Phuck Irma. I think things may have gotten a harder hit up by Zac than in my area.

If you haven't met Zac... I had kinda expect the first words out of his mouth to be "Knock, knock", but he is a really great guy. You can't judge a member by their avatar:rolleyes:

I got to see the Bluesmobile live and in person... @70bigblockdodge , when I offered to sit inside and make vroom, vroom noises in your honor... Zac fired her up for me. A nice sounding 440, but no rides until you come to Florida. :poke:

I got a tour of the future Newport project too.:thumbsup:

After shooting the poop for a while, we went over to the city to check out the junkyard. Thanks to my late arrival and the wonderful traffic (accidents everywhere), we spent more time in Sabrina's D300 than in the junkyard. Even though we had short time, we both grabbed a few items. Zac would be a top pick for any future junkyard adventures... I'd kinda like to go back and hand him wrenches when he does his engine swap too. Here is the car in question...
R3463.jpg
Best I can do now... no camera, and two big dummies with cell phones and not one picture between us.:realcrazy: BTW, Zac, remember the speculation on if she still had bumpers? I really have to pay better attention.:BangHead: This car has been in there a year and was pretty picked over, but there was still a few smaller items that turned us on. I grabbed the 2 remaining headlight rings, 2 door panel interior light lenses in fair shape, driver quality front turn/park lenses, a rough drivers window switch for parts and the hard to find spanner nuts from the antenna and mirrors. Zac got the head rests (all that was left of the seats worth taking) and a few small items for the D300.

A great day and a great friend. The D300 ran very nicely, I got thrown off property at the end of the day for asking Sabrina "When you've got such a nice running truck, why would you want to put that smelly old diesel in her?"...:D

Looking forward to the next time Zac.:thankyou:

You know I don't carry a camera anymore either but that's mainly because MOST cellphones take better pics then the cameras I've owned...:poke:

You know I don't carry a camera anymore either but that's mainly because MOST cellphones take better pics then the cameras I've owned...:poke:
Even a crappy cell phone has decent camera. In fact, I don't know if you can even buy a cell phone that was made in the past ten years that doesn't have a camera. :poke:

(note: ball busting of cantflip in process)

Good story, saving parts from further destruction is always a good feeling... You really are a formal *****

Agreed Jeff, Zac & Sabrina are aces. We've met several times and enjoyed ourselves, once at the Dairy Queen. (almost as good as a junk yard).

I have a small Sony cyber shot camera that fits in my shirt pocket. I can run my pic's through an enhancement program, mainly to crop out all the back ground, which I can't do with my phone camera.
All the pictures I post here were taken with that camera. Even though I use a tie wrap to hold the battery door closed.

I have a Nikon we got from Laura's daughter, it's old but can do way more than I need it to. I'd use it more but the shutter speed is slow, and I haven't figured out if that's normal or if I can adjust it. I can take 20 times the amount of pictures with my phone in the same amount of time. The other downside is the small display, sucks in bright sunlight as you can't see the pic very well, let alone if it's what you wanted to shoot. But it is good and takes good quality pictures.

Back