Not open for further replies.

canuck62

Reaction score
Contact seller
NOT MINE

1971 Chrysler Newport 2 door

1971 Chrysler Newport 2 door | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

71 Chrysler Newport 2 door. 440 motor out of a camper run runs like a top c. 79,557 miles. Is not painted it is a vinyl wrap. Car is in really good shape. Driver side window is broken. Any questions call 712-830-0540
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

KIND OF LIKE A GREEN BANANA. GREEN ON THE OUTSIDE, GOLDEN ON THE INSIDE

The 440 callouts are NOT big enough.

Camper motor runs like a top....yeah OK!

Exactly. Rob the bank, pull into an alley with the getaway car, remove the wrap and come out in a beat up Newport.

I don't think wraps come off that quickly. You might still be tugging on vinyl when SWAT surrounds you.

Now a peel coat on the other hand...

I work in the wrap industry. You can't hide much under the vinyl. Dents. Rust. Poor bodywork will all show. Not to mention will cause failure or lifting of the wrap. I have been tossing the idea around of wrapping one of my Polaras, but you do not get the same depth and gloss as you would with paint.

I don't think wraps come off that quickly. You might still be tugging on vinyl when SWAT surrounds you.

Now a peel coat on the other hand...
You would be surprised. I could unwrap that chrysler in 30 minutes or so. Still long enough to get busted though. Ha.

How much would you estimate to wrap an old full size car?
It really depends on what you are trying to do. Color change from say white to black would require more work to make it look right. Rolling into the jams. Etc. Also different vinyls and colors may cost more or less then others. Ballpark for a basic color change and install done correct...you are looking at a ballpark of 2500-4000.

3M atomic teal closely resembles my FQ5 paint on my 71. I am tempted...but Dave will disown me...

20180915_100336.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back