The 1973 Chrysler Thread

I think that was an exception, but most participants only tolerated it, not wanted it. :wtf:

P.S. Thx for the show address.:thankyou:

Sorry, I have to disagree Olaf.

Of course it is a "Fuselage only" C-body meet.
In all previous years including this year some other classic Mopars did turn up for a visit.
That is fine for me (we are all family from the 4-door A-body up to the Hemi Road Runner).
And the owners park on the side somewhat.

As for the "official" counts: Very simple, only the Fuselage cars do get counted. Other old Mopars are like any other cars just visitors.

Carsten

Well, at least the German long roof below should not raise any "belonging" question on the present thread. @Georg/DFL, @fc7_plumcrazy, @Olaf Seiler -- any of you guys knows about this '73 T&C sporting German plates? According to Wikipedia, the picture is from a show in Berlin last year.

Classic_Days_2019%2C_Berlin_%28CDB90143%29.jpg

In the same vein, what about this 1973 Newport sedan seen in Brandenburg back in 2018?

9179543306_0e27a26bd5_o.jpg

Last edited:
46. Amazing. Can you share how you compiled the info?

I also wonder how many are in Finland. @furyfinn used to OEM one, perhaps he or @ImpJay may have a directory?

Edit: @Georg/DFL , the black car looks like the one @yabadaba bought a few years back — see this thread.

What I can list as of now:
Newport (or Custom) 2dr ht: 3
New Yorker Brougham 2dr ht: 3
Newport (or Custom) 4dr sedan: 2
New Yorker Brougham 4dr sedan: 2
Town& Country: 3

I'm sure that there is more of these, but I can't remember them.

Thanks! Is one of 2dr NYer's in your list owned by @Mika ?

@Michel: I could search for a huge bunch of pics from 73 Chryslers in Germany.
In the worst case Georg can check if he has them on file. :))

But it is very time consuming........going through thousands of pics

Carsten

I could search for a huge bunch of pics from 73 Chryslers in Germany. In the worst case Georg can check if he has them on file. :)

Thank you for the offer, but that is not necessary. I know that you have a massive stash of photos going back decades, but I'd much rather see the owners post about their cars (as opposed to your searching and wasting time). Of course, if you bump into photos now and then, it'd be great if you could post them -- but there is no rush at all. This thread has plenty of time to grow both its content and its "membership." :)

Last edited:
cec4fab10aab7e0cddc783ed74510327.jpg

In other words, this thread took off since I last checked in... Now technically Newport/Ny'er/T&C aren't the same model, but I'm still quite impressed especially for a one-year count of Chrysler C-bodies. And 46 might not be a lot for a nation of 80 mil, but that's a remarkably high count when you figure there would likely be more in the slab and '69'-'73 model years, then factor in Plymouth/Dodge...

I spent two weeks in Germany in 2003 and enjoyed it much more than I expected. I was actually there to help a friend move her grandfather to a care home, so we stayed in his surprisingly large apartment, cooking our own meals, washing clothes, etc. not doing tourist things. I enjoyed it, but decided I would need to bring three items with me...

1) A C-body would be nice, but any Mopar would keep me from being too homesick.

2) An American Toilet.

3) An American Fridge.

Germans discovered the advantages of American fridges couple of years ago. My fridge my most beloved part of furniture in the house:D

46. Amazing. Can you share how you compiled the info?

@ayilar, I regularly check for sale websites, forums and groups and try to get hold of every Fuselage C-Body on German plates. I also take photos of Fuselage C-Bodies at shows of course.

While @fc7_plumcrazy’s archive may be larger, mine is more focused and it’s easy for me to go through my files which are ordered by model years and brands.

Right now I have close to 500 Fuselage C-Bodies in my German Registry, but I guess there are a lot more hiding in garages and in workshops. Plus: You never know if some cars are sold to other countries and it often takes a while till you see new cars which came to Germany.

These are the 73's I have own or otherwise been involved with:

73newport_oma_leftside.jpg

Newport Custom Sedan (the only original "Finnish" car, all others have been imported 2008-2009)

23.JPG

Newport 2 d ht

28b.jpg

New Yorker 4 d ht

yorkereita 011.jpg

2 d ht and a 4 d ht, both New Yorkers of course

newport 008.jpg
Newport 2 d ht

SANY0020b.JPG

Newport 4 d ht

34.jpg

New Yorker 4 d ht

There was a Maroon 4 d ht New Yorker too, but I didn't find any pic of it...

Of course I have seen others and maybe have pics somewhere in my archive, LOL.

@ImpJay , any of those familiar to you?

These are the 73's I have own or otherwise been involved with:

View attachment 392013
Newport Custom Sedan (the only original "Finnish" car, all others have been imported 2008-2009)

View attachment 392016
Newport 2 d ht

View attachment 392019
New Yorker 4 d ht

View attachment 392022
2 d ht and a 4 d ht, both New Yorkers of course

View attachment 392025 Newport 2 d ht

View attachment 392027
Newport 4 d ht

View attachment 392028
New Yorker 4 d ht

There was a Maroon 4 d ht New Yorker too, but I didn't find any pic of it...

Of course I have seen others and maybe have pics somewhere in my archive, LOL.

@ImpJay , any of those familiar to you?

Do you have another shot of this car? I was thinking I may have owned it over 25 years ago, but mine had the high-back seats. Then again, who knows what might have been swapped by now?

newport-008-jpg.jpg

I was just surfing around looking at C-bodies when I found this fantastic 73 New Yorker photo collection at a dealer site.
Great source of clear photos.
Chrysler New Yorker Brougham Four-Door Hardtop - RD Classics

I have nothing to do with the dealer or the car, just thought it was great photo shoot, of a great looking car.

View attachment 392454

View attachment 392455

View attachment 392459

pics were taken at a german dealership. Car was priced at 24,9k EUR (around 29k $$) and sold

Carsten

Back