The 1st cruise in for this fowardlook

sb61fury

Reaction score
Yesterday I went to the Athens, AL monthly cruise in on the square. I was going to go to the Mount pleasant car show but fan belt broke when my dad test drove the car after putting a better fan on the car. He said that it was his fault the fan broke I said no I was planing to replace all the belts . It also has a new power steering belt also . later on I plan to replace the AC belt 2010-01-01 04.39.13.jpg2010-01-01 04.38.54.jpg2010-01-01 04.39.31.jpg

2010-01-01 04.39.13.jpg

2010-01-01 04.38.54.jpg

2010-01-01 04.39.31.jpg

The red and white does work for this car but there's nothing wrong with blue either, nice car!

beautiful car. I'm not to sure about changing a red car to blue. Hows that gonna work with red interior .....?

I'm glad your finally enjoying it Steph.

While many do not like the styling of the 61s, I really do like it. I would leave the paint alone - it looks great the way it is, and changing an original color drops the value of the car a great deal, although you would probably never sell it, and as in one of the previous comments, how is blue going to work with the red interior?

I have seen a photo of 1 blue with a red and white interior , it looked pretty goodView attachment 36098

The first time I ever saw a navy blue car with a red interior was in 1981 on a K-car sedan. I thought it was a mis-build until some flunky from one of the ad agencies told me it was a new introduction.

I have seen a photo of 1 blue with a red and white interior , it looked pretty goodView attachment 36098

That photo is so dark, the color looks black, but maybe it is indicative of a very dark blue. For me, dark cars hide the lines on the body, so if the car isn't that good looking to begin with, dark colors are OK, but your car has nice lines that show up best in lighter colors, like the current red. Covering all the red areas is almost impossible when you do a color change, and then the car looks less than nice to me if there is a lot of that going on in the various nooks and crannies.

Maybe consider a different shade of red if anything... But I think the combo looks great the way it is! I have to agree with the rest of the gang, with a red interior, imho, it should either stay red or maybe white thanks for sharing!

The car needs a new paint job there is some rust spots that need to be repaired. The car was repainted 1 time but who ever painted the car it was not a good job , my dad said it could of been 1 of those macco paint jobs. I have seen maccos work and its not very good

the pic of blue-red interieur is done in the dark. Look for some cars (doesn't matter which) photographed in the daylight. It does not look good in my opinion.

Good luck with you project. Being a Fury is very nice with the trunklid trim and the best steering wheel.

Carsten

Will 1 person suggested I paint the car black like my other '61 . That 1 had also had a red and white interior.
I might was well repaint it the same color to make things easier for my dad

I hope I can locate the carnival red and the alpine white my dad said any red and white will look good
My car has power brakes what do I need to use to add brake fluid since the mastery cylinder is under the booster I was told its a syringe I can get it at walgreens the end rubber needs to bend

I hope I can locate the carnival red and the alpine white my dad said any red and white will look good
My car has power brakes what do I need to use to add brake fluid since the mastery cylinder is under the booster I was told its a syringe I can get it at walgreens the end rubber needs to bend

The exact correct paint colors can be mixed at any reliable auto paint store.I get mine through oreillys.
The Sherwin-Williams number for Plymouth code P, (Carnival Red), is F1 R 1980-R. And for code W, (Alpine White), it's F1 A 1991.
These numbers can be cross referenced by your supplier.

A funnel and rubber hose can be used to add brake fluid to the master cylinder.

Back