The '78 NYBS gets dressed up!

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I finally got the new tires OFF the cop rallyes and ON the original Salon wheels this week. Today was a very slow day at work, so I took some paid time and went home to put on the proper Salon wheel trim; which consists of the center cap, turbine applique, and the one-year-only reflective trim ring. I'm stuck with the original, corroded chrome lug nuts until I can afford a complete new set. One of the turbines had a stripped bolt hole, so I had to repaint one of my spares. Right now, you see the passenger side of the car nearly done, with the fender skirt yet to be reattached. These came out rather nice! I'm going to finish the fourth wheel tomorrow. Right now, the paint on the fourth turbine is drying. I like to give it 24 hours to completely dry before handling. So, after nearly eight years of ownership, I finally got the right wheels and the proper trim back on the car!

What'cha think??
nybs with right wheels.jpg

nybs with right wheels.jpg

These Salons must be saved. Insignificant on everybody's radar but I'll match it spec to spec to any luxo-barge getting 3X the $$.

Posted via Topify on Android

I like those rims better than the "police" rims.

Me, too. I finally found four good turbines out of a total of eight, so on they went. Although, the cops with the cop caps and Salon rings didn't look bad, I'm very happy with the way the car is supposed to look!

Me, too. My brother-in-law had a stunning triple-black '77 Dodge Royal Monaco Brougham coupe that I loved! And when I was working at a C-P dealer in 1978-79, the last of the '78s were heading out the door and the first of the R-body New Yorkers showed up. I was in my late teens then; but damn, those big Chryslers really did something for me!

Back