The admiral and Connie stepping out

I would say to be a smart *** do all the above. If your happy with the ride height and it is not dropping to the ground with a couple of wal-mart grocery bags in the trunk I would do bushings only.

I would say to be a smart *** do all the above. If your happy with the ride height and it is not dropping to the ground with a couple of wal-mart grocery bags in the trunk I would do bushings only.
i agree with big block. just put the beer on the front seat. keep the rear leafs.

Sigh...........

I say look them over real good... real good... if you can't find anything wrong... start thinking about how big a pain this is going to be... imagine every bolt breaking... the shocks would of course have to be replaced regardless of age... don't forget to paint the bushing holes while your there... now imagine how good it would feel to just drink a beer and think about this some more...

I don't buy it for a second... if its in your head that you should do it you will. If you decide not to those are the best inspected springs in Sebring... hell Florida.

enjoy:busted::busted::busted:

Stan has a gigantic red suede accessory console that can Harbor a whole case. ;)

I seen that sucker, it is quite formidable.

I notice on my truck springs, the spring rate decreases of years. The do relax and sag, but more so they don't hold a load well.
After having them re arched, the ride height was higher than new, but the same springs didn't hold the same load as new. After about 6 months, they are almost back to the point they were before getting re arched. The shop that did it, is a reputable shop. I think I'll be speaking with them about getting warranty credit towards new springs.

New replacement springs and bushings get my vote for both Will and Stan.

Man, that's a nice trip, Ocala, and below. What part of Alabama are you from?

Oh' I am wanting to be in Orange Beach about now..Speakin of, My wife did the seats in my 73 Fury Suburban, and I have insurance on it, driving a little. But mention going somewhere in the wagon, her eyes roll and I am thinking, if we go in the Honda Oddity, and it breaks, I can cuss and wave a wrench or two, but I got spare parts for mopars and she just doesn't get it. I may get to take it to Mopars at the Battleship, used to stay at The Battleship in, but it's closed now. Any fuselage C body wagoneers got a extra tailgate handle? I have a 74 B body wagon handle on it but that renders it into a door hatch only. Any B body wagon folks need a 70s b body handle .

We're in Gulf Shores right now and will probably be here till the 12th of Jan. 84 degrees Christmas day. I don't think it's gonna snow.
Home is about 20 miles N of B'ham.
We will be in New Orleans for the "Big Easy Mopar" show in March, and at the "Battleship" show in April. Hope to have the Admiral painted before that.

I haven't been able to download pic's on this antique laptop yet, but will try again.

Christmas 2015, Gulf Shores Alabama......... 84 degrees

DSC02470 (Large).jpg

DSC02471 (Large).jpg

DSC02472 (Large).JPG

DSC02473 (Large).jpg

DSC02474 (Large).jpg

DSC02475 (Large).jpg

No wonder she's sagging. Look at all that ****!! lmao.

Great pics Will! thank for sharing! Looks like a blast

I hate to say it but, that stance really is 100% true to the way it really was back then.
You're in denial.

attachment.php

When the family went on a trailer trip back then, the headlights really did point so high you could go duck hunting at night.

I hate to say it but, that stance really is 100% true to the way it really was back then.
You're in denial.

attachment.php

When the family went on a trailer trip back then, the headlights really did point so high you could go duck hunting at night.

The pic was taken at a one night stop over on the way down. Rather then disconnecting, I cranked the the tongue jack down to get the trailer level. It made things look much better.

But you are right Stan. A noticeable sag in the tow vehicle was normal back in the day.
I don't mind the "headlights in the tree's". I don't travel after dark anymore.

Back