The Admiral's getting paint.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I dropped the Admiral off at the paint shop this morning. It will be done in sections. I stripped all the trim and moldings from the belt line up, removed the air dam and all tail gate trim. The entire top and tail gate will be prepped and painted, (original A4), while I buff and polish the trim.

This way the car won't be down too long at a time and we will be able to have it at the Big Easy Mopar show in March. After which It will go back to the paint shop for more fluffing.

I've already signed the Admiral and Connie for vintage trailer ralleys in Michigan and Indiana in May and June. The job should be complete in time for Carlisle.

Man, you're getting into this vintage camping big time. Good for you.

It's a blast. "Glamping" in vintage campers is a bigger deal then I imagined. Check out the Tin Can Tourist web site.
It doesn't look good for the 65 Coronet or Jazebelle getting much road time this summer.

Pictures Will Pictures.

We need a lot of pictures! LOL!

Still struggling with the "leveling: issue. St Louis spring just sent a pair of additional HD leafs for the springs I bought from them. No charge. They are the long leafs that go next to the main leaf. Means I have to pull the springs back off, disassemble and add the leafs. It's a pain in the butt, but their trying to do good.
I also got a fully adjustable 1000# leveler hitch and a sway control. Hope this works.

Pictures Will Pictures.

We need a lot of pictures! LOL!

Camera's always with me Bob..... Here we are at Christmas at Gulf Shores Alabama.

DSC02471 (Large).JPG

You have an awesome wagon, it attracted a lot of attention at Garlits.
Did you hire an auto body shop or a barn painting company?:rolleyes:

Still struggling with the "leveling: issue. St Louis spring just sent a pair of additional HD leafs for the springs I bought from them. No charge. They are the long leafs that go next to the main leaf. Means I have to pull the springs back off, disassemble and add the leafs. It's a pain in the butt, but their trying to do good.
I also got a fully adjustable 1000# leveler hitch and a sway control. Hope this works.
put your beer in the back of the camper. less tongue weight that way.

It's a blast. "Glamping" in vintage campers is a bigger deal then I imagined. Check out the Tin Can Tourist web site.
It doesn't look good for the 65 Coronet or Jazebelle getting much road time this summer.

You have the hitch already, so you should be able to use Jazebelle for some of your outings

I dropped the Admiral off at the paint shop this morning. It will be done in sections. I stripped all the trim and moldings from the belt line up, removed the air dam and all tail gate trim. The entire top and tail gate will be prepped and painted, (original A4), while I buff and polish the trim.

This way the car won't be down too long at a time and we will be able to have it at the Big Easy Mopar show in March. After which It will go back to the paint shop for more fluffing.

I've already signed the Admiral and Connie for vintage trailer ralleys in Michigan and Indiana in May and June. The job should be complete in time for Carlisle.

So Will are you painting it in sections at different times?

It's feels good to see all the ways people are enjoying their C's out into America with the tires in the ground, not put away in a shrine while awaiting for its next ride up onto the trailer.

Can't wait to watch your future memories unfold, way to go man!

I was scared to read it as I love original paint (with patina, too). So I am not happy that the Admiral gets (partly) fresh paint. But it is Wills car and it is up to him.

Carsten

It's not going to happen anytime soon but I want to have my Imp painted. It really needs it and it's not going anywhere.

It's not going to happen anytime soon but I want to have my Imp painted. It really needs it and it's not going anywhere.

Your Imp will be even more stunning with fresh paint and that silver interior Matt! Best to protect it with fresh paint and keeping the rust at bay.

why does it have to be "as new", Stan?

We aren't "as new" either. We have creased skin, loose hair and age, too.

We have a life that we lived and for me it is the same for an automobile. It has a history, too and that is why I try to keep patina cars alive, too.

You can restore a car every year but it is original only once

Carsten

Back