The Admirals new shoe look.

He's not gonna make any money on that paint job. That's a lot of car to prep and paint. After paint and material cost there won't be much left over for labor.

Whhoops. I didn't see the part about you supplying the material. Ok he will make about what he should. You're still getting a good deal Will.

Whhoops. I didn't see the part about you supplying the material. Ok he will make about what he should. You're still getting a good deal Will.

Thanks Chris. I thought so too. But coming from you I feel better about it.
The roof alone on the Admiral will be a job in itself. I'm going to try and schedule it soon.

I've been working on the Admiral a little.
I got the tires turned right side out and installed the correct "deluxe" wheel covers.

Also dropped off the rear seat cushion at the trimmers, He may be able to replace just the damaged inserts into the original seat.
A rechromed rear bumper is on the way. And if Tom, (polarus), can get them off, a pair of the 3rd seat steps.
New carpet and sound deader ready to install.
I have the A/C compressor and brackets I needed but it will take some work to get that prepped and installed.View attachment 43410

If I can get it painted and reassembled by July we may bring it to Carlisle. The hitch I made for Jazebelle to tow the pop up will directly bolt up to the wagon.

Looking mighty fine there, Wil. Paint it ? I kinda like the "patina."

Yes it will look fantastic and I can't wait to see it. I'm glad it's in your hands Will and since you don't F$$* around it'll be done before we know it ;)

I'm glad it's in your hands Will and since you don't F$$* around
You don't know ½ of it Brian. This guy does it so right 100% of the time that even his tire shine stuff is unbelievable. It's been over two months now and I can still brush my teeth in front of my tires.

You don't know ½ of it Brian. This guy does it so right 100% of the time that even his tire shine stuff is unbelievable. It's been over two months now and I can still brush my teeth in front of my tires.

Yea ..... but can you comb your hair......? :poke:

There are two nice Admiral badges on ebay! Would be good to drill holes before paint I guess.

In Germany:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/121542398384?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

In the US:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Vintage-Opel...877?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519353f0dd

Let me know if I can help you with german parts!

Thanks Julian.
I suppose if I really needed one of those it would be Ok to spend that much on one. But at those prices I have other places to use the money other then a novelty emblem.
Now that I know there is such a thing I'll keep watching for a deal.

I got my rear seat lower cushion for the admiral back from the trimmer. He was able to save most of the original and made and installed new inserts. Looks great, can't tell from original. Cost..... $157.00

DSC01608 (Large).jpg

DSC01745 (Large).jpg

Chris any thoughts suggestions on clears, I have sprayed some really cheap ones and never seemed to flow out well. I used PPG 2042 or 2024 (don't remember the number but saved the can for reference out in the garage)on my Dad car and was impressed how much easier it made the job, laid out much smoother and no dry areas. I have learned that spending a couple extra bucks on the clear makes a difference, seemed like it to me anyway.

I'm even thinking about taking a basic bodywork class (if I get time off from work to attend) at my local community college just to get or understand the basic stuff. I'm horrible with anything bodywork related....

Chris any thoughts suggestions on clears, I have sprayed some really cheap ones and never seemed to flow out well. I used PPG 2042 or 2024 (don't remember the number but saved the can for reference out in the garage)on my Dad car and was impressed how much easier it made the job, laid out much smoother and no dry areas. I have learned that spending a couple extra bucks on the clear makes a difference, seemed like it to me anyway.

I use PPG's 2021 clear. It is a very high solids clear so 2-3 coats give you the same build as 3-4 of other clears. Since it is so high solids the trick is to go up one temperature range with reducer to make it flow real nice. For example if it's 80 degrees I use the DT 895 reducer instead of the DT 885. I do still usually put 3-4 coats on anyway so I can sand and buff the snot out of it.

I use PPG's 2021 clear. It is a very high solids clear so 2-3 coats give you the same build as 3-4 of other clears. Since it is so high solids the trick is to go up one temperature range with reducer to make it flow real nice. For example if it's 80 degrees I use the DT 895 reducer instead of the DT 885. I do still usually put 3-4 coats on anyway so I can sand and buff the snot out of it.

See ....... That's why I have to pay. That's not book knowledge there, that's acquired knowledge......

Can you please put me back on the list??
I want to say stuff like that when describing my paint...

See ....... That's why I have to pay. That's not book knowledge there, that's acquired knowledge......

You just need to practice on really crappy cars, if the car starts out bad enough painting it with a roller would be a improvement. That way nobody notices the mistakes. Lol

Back