The beginning of a new life and a new build!

BJS racing

Reaction score
Well as the saying goes. I have no money and a passion for something that will probably put me in the ground, but what the heck, its time to get to work! As of about 3 weeks ago I am now the proud owner of a 1965 Sport Fury. This is an original 383 ac car that the interior is in such good shape was worth the $2800 I spend to get it and the 8 hour round trip to Houston and back to get it. We here in the BJS racing family are going to go through the basics and get it going and see what we have to work with here after getting it back running and driving and then make a plan of action on how to attack this beast and make it something that everyone will want to ride in! Notice I said ride in!:icon_axe:Yes only moma bear and myself will pilot this baby. Sorry son, I love you but not sure that will ever happen! Here are a couple of pics of how it sits as of right now. I haven't gotten it off the trailer yet being I still have a customer car in the garage getting work done to it for racing season. but as soon as that guy is finished up and out of there the fun begins! 2014-02-09 10.55.47.jpg2014-02-09 10.54.41.jpg2014-02-09 10.54.55.jpg2014-02-09 10.55.06.jpg2014-02-09 10.55.38.jpg

2014-02-09 10.55.47.jpg

2014-02-09 10.54.41.jpg

2014-02-09 10.54.55.jpg

2014-02-09 10.55.06.jpg

2014-02-09 10.55.38.jpg

Looks like a great car to start with! Congrats!!

Howabout some under hood shots?....yes more hardcore car **** please.

I have to take some or find the text that was sent to me with them. If not tomorrow I will have some on monday when I get back into work! Its UGLY under there right now. But with time all things change!

I love that interior color combo! That car is pure awesomeness! Good luck with it!

I like the wheels. They look like my factory '67 hubcaps (and that's a good thing). Anyone know the name of the wheel style?

Congrats on the new found glory. The best part is taking pictures of before and after. I've been doing it with my car since I got it. It's really cool going back and looking at them and seeing the progression and how it all started. Looking forward to seeing what you do to yours. How's the body, under carriage, floor pans and so forth?

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice car, love the interior!

Congrats on the new found glory. The best part is taking pictures of before and after. I've been doing it with my car since I got it. It's really cool going back and looking at them and seeing the progression and how it all started. Looking forward to seeing what you do to yours. How's the body, under carriage, floor pans and so forth?

Front passenger floor and the right trunk extension as well as both 1/4 panels need some attention. Other than that it is actually very solid. I really am excited about getting to work on it. When I get it off the trailer I will get some more pics of what I have to work with.

Is this you?? Holy crap.

Yes that is me driving. The car is owned by Dennis Overholser the original founder of Painless Wiring where I work tech support. We have been working out the bugs as it is still pretty much a new car. There is a wheelie bar getting put on it and we are putting a new oil pan on it as the other one wasn't the right one for the engine. Its a lot of fun but can test the nerves a little bit sometimes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back