The beginning of a new life and a new build!

I had a set of SBC exhaust manifolds powdercoated with an aluminum look and they held up great.Don't know if that helps? I'm pretty sure they use the same process.You just have to make sure the part is clean and free of dirt and oil to get good adhesion.

Wow I just realized how long it has been since I have done anything on this post and the car! Well my plan is in the next couple of weeks to get the intake back on the car and hopefully get the carb finished up on it. However it seems like I am a glutton for punishment! I made a deal last night to pick up another car. This one is not a C but it is still a Mopar. I will be taking in a 1979 Dodge Aspen R/T that will need a little love as well. I will throw a pick or two up of it when it gets to the house.

Yes it has been a very long time and finally got started back on the car. Got 2 of the 3 brake hoses on it and cleaned and painted a couple of things on the engine to finally get the intake back on it. By the end of the weekend the intake should be back on it then time to get a fuel line run up to the front from the new tank. I have a carb sitting on the shelf that should work for the car for the time being. Gotta get the other brake hose on and top end of the engine back together then going to get the ignition wired up and hopefully get some life back to this beauty soon. Plan on getting everything working again and see what really needs to be worked on since I have not driven the car yet since I bought it and enjoy this thing a little before I finally blow it apart for the restoration. Just can't take it sitting there anymore. Would rather drive it as is then let it sit any longer. Hopefully I will have some pics next week!

You know that part that sucks about not working on something for quite a while and trying to remember where the hell parts are for it? Yeah took me almost an hour to find the damn water pump pulley last night! Got the water pump and the pulley on last night then had to get back to work on the customers truck that I have right now. Going to try and do one or two little things every night and do a couple of hours of work over the weekend and should hopefully be able to get it started again.

I was starting to wonder to! LMAO. It's been under the car cover for so long I almost forgot what it looked like. Didn't get the intake on this weekend. Mainly due to my back not wanting to work with me. Hoping that tonight when I get home I can do it if my honey do list doesn't keep growing! Bought the fuel pump and hose to redo the fuel system just have to get a block off plate for the fuel pump this week. I could probably have it running in two nights if I could just focus on it. But when you are working on customer cars all the time you have to really push to do anything on your own junk.

Well great news for the car but not my wallet. Picked up the new intake and distributor yesterday for the car so I am planning on working on the customers truck some on saturday and then try and get the new intake and dizzy on the car and hopefully start to run the new fuel lines and pump this weekend. Hope that I will be able to at least get it started again before the next three weeks are over or it will be a couple more after that because I have another job showing up that is a big time rush. So we will see what I can get done. My helper will probably be working on the fury and the aspen while I am working on the customers truck the next couple of weeks.

At my house. Been wondering where you have been hiding. You should swing by one day and bs. I got a couple of cold one's in the fridge and you are welcome to some!

A little more progress finally. New intake and dizzy in. Finally got the factory ac/heat box out of the car and getting ready for the new vintage air system to go in. Checked with the mock up box they sent me to make sure everything will work. Getting ordered today! A couple of pix to hold you guys over for a couple of days. I will have more soon! Oh yeah and a pic of the new wheels for the car. 20150416_195611.jpg20150416_195619.jpg20150416_195627.jpg20150414_054428.jpg

20150416_195611.jpg

20150416_195619.jpg

20150416_195627.jpg

20150414_054428.jpg

Well now for the bad news. Was getting ready to mark and drill for mounting new ac and realized that there is some rust on the firewall that will need to be dealt with. So now the engine is coming out so that I can cut about half of the fire wall out and replace it. Guess it is actually going to be a little easier than filling in 10 different holes from where factory stuff went through. Guess my one month time line to getting it running again is shot down! I will try to get a couple of pics of the affected area and post them up as well as more progress of the work getting done.

That sucks. You didn't need that at this point in time.

Yes I know. It really couldn't be seen until there was light going through the firewall. I have some pics of the area. I guess that is ok though. I am going to completely just go ahead and redo the front end of the car. I will do everything except paint the hood and fenders. That way all of that is done and ready for when I finally get around to painting the body. I know it's not the best way for it to all get done but it is a way for it all to get done! More pics in a couple of hours when I can get them transferred to my computer.

Back