The Blount County Children's Center

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
In May, 2017, FCBO was reminded that there is more in life than material things such as our cars.

One of our most respected and beloved members here on FCBO is Will (bluefury361). His soulmate and love of his life Ellie was tragically taken too soon last Sunday and she will be missed by everyone whose life she touched. Our hearts go out to her family and especially to Will.

Anybody who has met Ellie has been blessed by her Southern Charm and most importantly, her huge heart. A major part of Ellie's life was devoted to working at The Blount County Children's Center, a safe haven for abused children. Her passion for these children was immediately evident if you knew her.

In memory of Ellie, it is asked that you simply go to the Blount County Children's Center Facebook page to see her cause and better understand who this truly remarkable woman was.

PicsArt_05-27-09.56.17.png

bccc-logo-low-res-2012-01-300x153.jpg

In memory of Ellie, please carry on her cause here.

Last edited:
She just passed? My condolences to bluefury361.

I can just imagine how hard this must be, I couldn't even think about loosing my wife and soulmate. Truly sorry.

Very nice Stan, a donation has been made.

A big thank you to Stan for this thread, I have been struggling for a while about where and how to present this. Very nicely done, I'm glad I waited.

For anyone who missed this Ellie

For those who never had the privilege to meet Ellie, she was definitely one of us. I don't believe she ever posted and may not have read much of the forum, but she treated us all like family. I am thankful to have had the opportunity to know her just a little and she was as good as folks come.

I first met Will and Ellie last July at Carlisle and was warmly welcomed into their traveling home "Connie". They both have a genuine kindness that I really don't have the words to express. It was obvious seeing their eyes light up when they looked at each other how wonderful they were together, my heart goes out to Will.

I next met Ellie at Garlits, and Vivian had the chance to meet her as well. We were both a little crushed to hear the news of her passing.

picsart_11-05-11-11-11-jpg.jpg

Rip, Ellie, Will, Viv, Jeff and Stan on the other side of the camera.

She will be missed by all who met her.

Thanks for this. Have been troubled all week by her passing.
Anyone that met Ellie, knew she was someone special.
Donation made.

I received a very touching letter from the Blount County children's Center today. It listed several folks from FCBO who have made generous contributions to the Center in Ellie's name. The children's Center thanks you, and I personally thank all here for your kind words and generosity.
Rest assured you contribution's will go on to do great things for some very needy people. Ellie would approve.

Will.

thats what happens when so many were so sure that she would have done the same thing. Besides that we also felt the need to pay tribute in some way.

Last edited:
Back