The Chrysler Gods smiled on me today

Imperial dude

Reaction score
IMG_20210530_194148_3.jpg

The Chrysler gods smiled on me today
I did the single to dual master cylinder conversion today, all the brake lines came loose, the distribution block I got from inline tube fit perfectly, all the old brake lines fit into the new block(with a little persuasion) the new master cylinder fit, I got the right length lines to go from the MC to the block, didn't even have to bleed the brakes to get a pedal( but I plan to)

it was a small win, but considering the grief the power windows gave me it feels like a big win
IMG_20210530_194148_3.jpg

That's a nice '64 there..... nice that it STOPS as safely as it looks, too. Good luck w/the windows.
thank you, I can finally enjoy cruising it around now, don't want 5000 pounds of car with iffy brakes
As far as the windows, I had 2 bad motors and 2 bad gears, had to take all 4 apart to get 2 working windows, still haven't gotten the 2 back windows working yet, saving up to give Murray Park a call

thank you, I can finally enjoy cruising it around now, don't want 5000 pounds of car with iffy brakes
As far as the windows, I had 2 bad motors and 2 bad gears, had to take all 4 apart to get 2 working windows, still haven't gotten the 2 back windows working yet, saving up to give Murray Park a call
Murray will have what you need. Good luck with the windows. Taking the door panels apart/off is the main part of that job, so do everything that needs to be done while they're off, and it will save grief in the long run.

Gotta say that the 1964 wheelcovers are a hell of a lot more attractive than the 1966-1969 Imperial covers are. I've been kinda-sorta half-looking for a '64 set.

Gotta say that the 1964 wheelcovers are a hell of a lot more attractive than the 1966-1969 Imperial covers are. I've been kinda-sorta half-looking for a '64 set.

You can put those on your shopping list if you make it to Carlisle next year.

Normally, there's a decent selection of them for sale, both 1964 and 1965.

Jeff

Keep an eye on the distribution block from inline. I got a couple from them for a 67 Dart that leaked terribly. My work around solution was to replace the copper gasket (mine was a two part block) that came on it with something I got from McMaster Carr and so far it is dry. Yours might not even have a copper gasket so you may not have anything to worry about.

Screenshot_20210806-223840.jpg

Mine was one piece and no copper gasket, only fitment, problem was the bolt hole and tab were bass ackwards and had to bend the tab up and put it on backwards to get it to fit
I tightened it as much as I dared, but do need to keep an eye on that so it doesn't work loose and cause a brake line failure due to vibration
New shoes, hardware, and rubber lines and I'll feel even better

Back