The Coca cola Super Bowl commercial...

Catfish

Reaction score
Really chapped my ***. America the Beautiful sung in foreign languages.......I didn't like it, and it really sits wrong with me. I know they are a multinational company, but damn.

Didnt see it but I can see why that would offend you.......... it offends me and I didint see it

Great Chrysler commercial with Bob Dylan!

images

images

images

Really chapped my ***. America the Beautiful sung in foreign languages.......I didn't like it, and it really sits wrong with me. I know they are a multinational company, but damn.
Im glad it wasn't just me...that bugged me too when I saw/heard that. I dont give a damn if CC is "multinational" company, the Super Bowl is in America and is uniquely American, where the formal and normal language is english and nothing else. Yeah it rubbed me the wrong f'ing way... it is sad commentary on where things are headed.

Hang on, isn't Chrysler owned by the Italians? Kind of saw the Dylan commercial as ironic. And before that it was Chinese (fed money), and before that the Germans....

ok boys, look at it the american way.
Coke bought one minute time for a tv spot.
They can show what ever they want to as long as it is not against the law.
And they did.

It is the usual money deal

Get over it.

Being on the outside looking in Carsten, you wouldnt understand. Get over it? So you are suggesting we throw up our arms and say oh well, nothing we can do? Too many do that and thats why we are where we are

Being on the outside looking in Carsten, you wouldnt understand. Get over it? So you are suggesting we throw up our arms and say oh well, nothing we can do? Too many do that and thats why we are where we are

Do what you're supposed to do, vote with your dollars. Buy Pepsi, RC, or better yet locally produced product, if you must buy soda products.

The way I see it, if they had done the same commercial in all english it would have been a great commercial. However what they did is continue draw the lines of division between people in this country. But in the end they're pimping the product to whoever they can to meet investor demands.

Last edited:
The countries that we give billions to each year should have sang the song, then procede to go back to wanting to kill us all. But damn, COKE is so damn good first thing in the morning with a big fat breakfast burrito!..... 'merica

Last edited:

Sorry, I just mean it is a TV spot.
I give a damin **** for tv-spots. If somebody would sing the german hymn with russian words in a tv spot:
I don't care.

Coca-Cola is not the US. it is "just" a company.
If you don't like their acting: Sent them a letter, an e-mail or write to your newspaper.
Act by not choosing their products anymore. That costs them money and hurts them most.

Carsten

I have NEVER bought anything because of an advertisement, NOTHING. Buying something else helps nothing. Just because of an ad?

More proof they all wanna be us Stan........

America has always been a country of many cultures and many nations, right from its birth, no matter what you do, no matter where you go, being an american means having influence from every culture of the world. The English language itself was not born in America, the western culture was not born in America, even the founding fathers made it clear they were adopting the values of a democratic republic, republics started in the Roman Empire and Democracy was born in Greece. Yes America has made its own identity its true, this nation has always been a mix of international influences though, adopting the best from all peoples and cultures of all the world. That is what makes America great.

Back